• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where to have 1 year sleep in hotel room

Stitch2007

Mouseketeer
We will be going to Disney world in September for the first time with our baby who will be 1 year old by then. Where do you have your 1 year old sleep generally?

We used a pack and play. We pushed it farthest from the bathroom area so we wouldn't wake her up while we used the shower and sink areas. We brought our own from home but you can get one from your resort if you're staying on site.

My daughter would never sleep in a pack and play, and I didn't want to deal with losing sleep (and thus energy for parks) when on vacation. So I had her sleep with me. We pushed a bed against the wall, stuffed pillows between the wall/headboard and bed, and she slept next to the wall, while I slept on the other side. My husband got the other bed to himself. This worked out great since we all got great sleep each night.

WDW has bedrails and you can call ahead of time and have it noted on your reservation that you need them. If it is just the 3 of you, I would use the bedrails (and pillows) and put the one year old in one of the beds by himself while you slept in the other bed. DD never slept well in pack and plays.

For extra cushion we had a pack and play fitted cushion that we used when she napped at her grandparents. I think we got it from Amazon. You could also fold up a thick blanket and put it under the fitted sheet.

My toddler has also always just slept in a bed with one or both of us. We've also never had any trouble getting bedrails when we've requested them at check in.

For both my kids at that age we rented a crib from A Baby's Best Friend. Neither one of my kids would sleep in a pack n play.

Mine either slept in the crib/pack and play or in bed next to me or in bed between me and my older dtr-I think that was my youngest and she was 2 and my I,dear was 7. I did line one side of the bed with pillows and made sure there was a pillow covering anything sharp.

We've always just used a crib or PNP as provided by the hotel. Kids have slept fine in them.

I've never been able to get any of mine to sleep in a bed with me. They're all, "hi mommy! Since you're here, let's have a party at 4am!" We bring a little toddler bed sized quilt to pad the pack n play and they sleep fine in that.

We could never get our youngest to sleep in a pack n play. She slept with me the whole trip.

We will be going to Disney world in September for the first time with our baby who will be 1 year old by then. Where do you have your 1 year old sleep generally?

Mine slept the same place they slept at home, in bed with me. Now I know that not everybody likes or wants to do that, so I think that the pack and play would be a good option.

I've never been able to get any of mine to sleep in a bed with me. They're all, "hi mommy! Since you're here, let's have a party at 4am!" We bring a little toddler bed sized quilt to pad the pack n play and they sleep fine in that.

OMG, this is exactly my son! Our little one slept in a pack n play on our trip last year (and other hotel stays). We plan to do the same next week.

Is this your first time being away from home?

We used to either use an Aero bed toddler "sleep away bed" sometimes - it's a toddler size air mattress with raised sides so they can't fall out of bed, but possibly better suited for one over the age of 2.

We used cribs mostly - where we traveled the hotels always had cribs (the Ritz for sure did).

My son slept in a pack & play on vacation until he was about 10 months old. He had been on about 8 hotel trips by then. After that, we used cribs.

I would suggest renting a real crib if your hotel doesn't have one. My DD didn't like Pack & Plays as much, and she needed lots of sleep! We used cribs or the toddler air bed. The kids used to fight over who got that!

Our kids have all been crib sleepers and we've never had a problem with them sleeping in the Pack-n-Play on trips. Usually haven't added any additional padding either. Kids that age are used to sleeping on that more firm crib mattress. Introducing something softer or new may have the opposite effect. :D

What kind of rate are you getting for the hotel room and how long are you staying? You may want to look into a resort that would have 2 or 3 bedroom units. They're very affordable. That way everyone gets their space and you don't have to go to sleep when they do.

My kids always slept fine in pack n plays at hotels. We will be bringing our own. I like the padding ideas too. Never tried that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter