• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where to go for the best steak

ljmclin

Mouseketeer
I want to take my husband to get a great steak while in Disney. We have the dining plan. I have thought about Yachtman's and Shula's (not on dining plan right). We have never been to either of these due to 2 dining credits or the out of pocket expense. What are your thoughts on the best place to go? Throw another restaurant at me if you know of a better one. Our 3 kids will be with us as well and my 11yr old son eats as much as my husband. This will probably be our most expensive dinner on our trip :)

You'll get a lot of good answers here. Most will just confuse the issue more though. ;)

For our taste, between the two you mentioned I'd opt for YSH every time. Good service, steaks, and the bread service is to die for.

However when we want a good steak we head to a third option, Bull & Bear. B&B is at the Waldorf Astoria hotel in Bonnet Creek. Technically not on Disney property but very easy to get to.

It really depends on what you want.

Bull and Bear is the best on property, but a bit of a pain to get to - and definitely "higher end restaurant" vs. Disney friendly environment.

Le Cellier is my personal favorite.

Between Shula's and Yachtsman, it's atmosphere. The steak and both is good. Shula's may edge out slightly - but it is close. Shula's, even with the sports theme, feels like a standard high end chain steak house (because it is! haha). Yachtsman is more the typical Disney high end restaurant. More approachable, some level of theming. Good food with a hefty mark up (which Shula's has, too). For me, Yachstman wins - but you would be good with either one.

I'll also suggest Jiko. While steak is not their specialty, it was good. And, the South African wine list and atmosphere of Animal Kingdom Lodge is second to none - especially at night.

with the dining plan, I would say Yachtsman for filet or NY strip or the Boathouse for the bone in Ribeye. Yachtsman has the wonderful Crews cup lounge next door for your before and after needs and Boathouse has a wonderful dockside bar.

DH and DS enjoy LeCellier, but have not been to the others, so can't give you comparison.

Most definitely go with Yachtsman. Their steaks are amazing and we've taken our daughter there a few times so its exceedingly kid friendly. ENJOY!!!!!!

Most definitely go with Yachtsman. Their steaks are amazing and we've taken our daughter there a few times so its exceedingly kid friendly. ENJOY!!!!!!
We are going there Monday with our 1.5 year old and I'm glad to hear this! I know it's still fine dining, but it always helps when they are on the more kid friend end of things!

We are going there Monday with our 1.5 year old and I'm glad to hear this! I know it's still fine dining, but it always helps when they are on the more kid friend end of things!

Really almost every place in the world is kid friendly. We've been carting our daughter to signature restaurants since she was 2 and have never had a problem!!! Hope you enjoy Yachtsman. I had no idea a steak could be so good.

IMHO, nothing beats the Filet at Le Cellier and the bread is our favourite at WDW.

My DH had the filet at Cali Grill and it was A-mazing. And being a beef farmer, he's pretty much a steak snob. All four of us had fantastic food AND we got to look at the castle while eating it for--get ready for it--$8 less than our dinner at Tusker House.

Keep in mind that when you hear Shulas is "sports themed", do NOT think of ESPN or Buffalo Wild Wings!!

IN fact, with a dark atmosphere and Sinatra music playing, it may be one of the more romantic spots on property.

The sports theme consists mostly of a few Don Shula/Miami Dolphin photos on the wall...

Also keep in mind that while places like Jiko,, Cali Grill etc do have a good steak, it's just ONE cut only.

Go to JIKo and want a NY Strip and you will be out of luck...

And when I say Shulas isn't really kid friendly, kids are welcome there..they are just not "encouraged"---

I have not been to Bull and Bear, would love to try it based upon the comments. I have eaten at the others and we prefer Yachtsman's Steakhouse.

IMHO, nothing beats the Filet at Le Cellier and the bread is our favourite at WDW.

With the truffle sauce. Oh man it's good. Ditto on the breads and our waitress "Leslie" was awesome last time we went in 15

Definitely another Le Cellier fan here.

We went to Shulas and IDK....It was hokey and we weren't that impressed with the steaks.

We're steak fans from Texas and we always scope out the good steak joints where ever we go.

I've heard Yahtsman is good as well.....we should try that we stay at The Swan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter