Where to get those sports/bike shorts for under regular shorts??

beattyfamily

DIS Cast Member
There was a thread a while ago regarding rashes from legs rubbing together with the combination of sweat and some suggested wearing sports shorts or bike shorts under your regluar shorts.

Well, I have no clue as to a good place to buy them. Also, I'd need plus size.

Anyone know what I mean and where to get them?

Anyone have any other tips to avoid this kind of rash?

Thanks!

I believe I have seen them at Walmart in the "workout" apparel section. I think they went up to size 3X.

I'm not sure what its called but it comes in a stick that looks like a cross between deodorant and stain stick that is some sort of anti chafe substance. You rub it on your thighs and it stops the chafing. I haven't had a chance to go to the drugstore and look for it yet but if I find it I'll let you know what it's called.

Originally posted by honeymo78
I'm not sure what its called but it comes in a stick that looks like a cross between deodorant and stain stick that is some sort of anti chafe substance. You rub it on your thighs and it stops the chafing. I haven't had a chance to go to the drugstore and look for it yet but if I find it I'll let you know what it's called.

Thank you! I just did a search and I found some called "BodyGlide" and "Sportslick". They are supposed to be good for blisters on your feet too!

Have you tried it?

Thank you again.

I didn't know that stuff was good for blisters! Great news since I get massive blisters every time i'm in WDW. I have used the stick stuff before. It was a long time ago - 1996 Senior trip to Disney. One of the girls in my room brought it and it worked really well. If it comes in a small enough stick I would suggest carrying it with you in a fannypack or bookbag and reapplying it as the day goes on.

What stores were you able to find these in? I've looked in CVS and our local drug store. No one has ever heard of them.:(

target sells plus size workout wear. They sell cotton biker shorts for under $10 a pair. Choose basic colors that go with everything black, navy and heather gray.

Not to be gross or give too much information but if I wear biker shorts under regular shorts I don't wear undies. Otherwise it is too hot and too many layers. Most biker shorts have a little cotton crotch insert.

Thank you very much for all the great info! I'll be getting the Bodyglide and checking out Walmart and Target before our trip...thanks!

Originally posted by beattyfamily
Thank you very much for all the great info! I'll be getting the Bodyglide and checking out Walmart and Target before our trip...thanks!

Use those sports shorts when we play tennis. We purchase them at Sports Authority. They are great for keeping muscles warm too.

Hi,
I am an avid cyclist. As Prncess674 said, bicycle shorts have an insert known as a "chamois" that covers and cushions your bits and pieces. You really would not need bicycle specific shorts, especially if you plan to walk around all day long. Regular work-out shorts will be cheaper anyway.
Also, do NOT wear underwear with these shorts, because that will cause chaffing and you will get a rash where the sun doesn't shine! Hope that helps.
Lance

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter