where to get coupons other than Sunday paper?

pat fan

Sad my tag won't fit :(
I guess I'm dropping the Sunday paper. They went from 3-4 coupon inserts to 1, which is only half actual coupons, the rest are full page ads. It's not really worth the cost of the paper anymore.

I get a few on-line, but there must be another avenue I am missing. Anyone????

Send emails to the brands you like. Tell them how you use their product, and what you like about it. Often times they will send you coupons in the mail.

Printable's from red plum and coupons.com. There are some great clipping services the coupon clippers and dedes are two I have used in the past

This week there was only one insert a Proctor and Gamble. Next week there should be 6 inserts in your paper.

This week there was only one insert a Proctor and Gamble. Next week there should be 6 inserts in your paper.
You know this because.....Or just because I am cancelling that will be my luck?

I follow several coupon sites and blog and each Saturday they tell you how many coupon inserts to expect. I follow them on my facebook and then decide how many papers to buy.

I can PM the sites if you would like me to

I follow several coupon sites and blog and each Saturday they tell you how many coupon inserts to expect. I follow them on my facebook and then decide how many papers to buy.

I can PM the sites if you would like me to

Is there any way you could PM me these? It would save me from buying multiple papers! Thanks! :)

see the 2013 schedule for newspaper coupon inserts at http://www.southernsavers.com/2012/12/2013-coupon-insert-schedule/

This is the site I use to see if I want to bother getting a Sunday paper or getting an extra paper. They are generally very reliable. And they have match ups with the sales from the drug stores to help plan your shopping.

I do print from coupns.com, smartsource.com, and redplum.com - these are also reputable sites and the coupons are legit. If you receive e-mails telling you to click to get coupons from other sites, approach with caution. Many are flagged as fraudulent at the stores.

Beware of "mass cut" or "gang cut" coupons from the so-called clipping services. Stores do have a right to refuse to accept coupons if they appear to fall into this category. That is because if you read the fine print, selling the coupons is illegal. The services will tell you they are just charging you a fee for doing the clipping but itsn't it interesting that it seems to take more effort to clip a high value coupon than a low value coupon? If they were all five cents each I might believe they were legit! I do know one or two people who use these services with good luck. I have chosen to stay away from them. I figure that if I have four or five legit coupons why would I pay for "iffy" coupons. And getting four or five is easy - I have my own paper, (sometimes two or three), my mother's, my sister-in-law's and my grandmother's. All legitimately given to me with no money involved!

I guess I'm dropping the Sunday paper. They went from 3-4 coupon inserts to 1, which is only half actual coupons, the rest are full page ads. It's not really worth the cost of the paper anymore.

I get a few on-line, but there must be another avenue I am missing. Anyone????

http://www.sundaycouponpreview.com/ (I believe the 2013 update should be up within the week.)

http://www.jillcataldo.com/ (Click on Coupon Tools on the left hand side.)

Ive been considering dropping the Sunday paper too, b/c I can read it on line and - like the OP said - there seems to be less coupons in it. I've found some good printables on coupons.com and a few other legit sites. But what's stopping me from cancelling the paper is that I tried to use some of the printables from coupons.com at Wal-mart and they wouldn't scan. The cashier said it was Wal-mart's policy not to accept the coupon if it won't scan. I can't figure out why - they weren't for free items or large $$s off. And I didn't change any printer settings (i.e., size) except to print in black and white. Fortunately, my local grocery store was willing to manually type in the #s and accept them (wal-mart wouldn't when I asked). Not to hijack the thread, but does anyone know what the problem could be? Is it the coupon site, my printer, or the store's scanner? Like the OP, I'm on the fence about the Sunday paper too.

I sometimes find good coupons in magazines. Market Basket has extra coupons that they leave out for it's customers near the Service Desk. If I really use a lot of a certain product, I go to their website and sign up for their emails. If the newspaper has a lot of coupons I sometimes buy two different papers that Sunday. I live on the East Coast and I buy the Sunday Boston Globe and and sometimes also the Sunday Boston Herald

Regarding coupons not scanning - I have had issues with those I print in black and white. Not sure why. So I do color. I usually print them on my work computer which is a high qualify color laser. My home printer is a color inkjet that might qualify for antique status soon. For the color ones, I tend to have more problems with the higher quality printer. A couple of clerks have told me that is becuase it is glossy and shines back at the scanner. Not sure if it is true or not. The stores I shop at have been willing to override the scan and enter the coupon manually when there are scanning issues.

keep in mind that Menards and the Dollar Stores carry the Sunday paper at a discount. For instance the Chicago Tribune is now 1.99 for the Sunday paper - but those stores sell it for $1. Also, you may have coworkers that don't use coupons but don't mind bringing them to you to clip. A coworker and I swap - we use mostly different products. My favorite website is www.delish.com it is from the MSN page - go to "Living" then "Food" then coupons - a lot of coupon sites are scams and I avoid them.

Regarding coupons not scanning - I have had issues with those I print in black and white. Not sure why. So I do color. I usually print them on my work computer which is a high qualify color laser. My home printer is a color inkjet that might qualify for antique status soon. For the color ones, I tend to have more problems with the higher quality printer. A couple of clerks have told me that is becuase it is glossy and shines back at the scanner. Not sure if it is true or not. The stores I shop at have been willing to override the scan and enter the coupon manually when there are scanning issues.

Hmmm....will have to try printing in color. Problems due to "high quality laser" printing will not be an issue for me :rotfl2:
Thanks for your insight!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter