• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where to get a knee scooter?

cinderella97

DIS Veteran
Friends are in the way down and she broke her foot. Where can she purchase a knee scooter. One that she can rest her knee on and scoot. I suggested a wheelchair but she would rather try this. Thank you!

Friends are in the way down and she broke her foot. Where can she purchase a knee scooter. One that she can rest her knee on and scoot. I suggested a wheelchair but she would rather try this. Thank you!
The place with the most selection of Medical equipment is Orlando Medical Rentals. The are in the category of Walking AIDS.

I will tell you that using a knee walker is exhausting. There is no way I'd want to do Disney or any type of long distance trip on one. I had to have ankle surgery a couple years ago and tried using one on a cruise ship because I had no other choice and it was awful. I'm young and fit and I was out of breath just getting around. Plus people are not looking out for you and it's kind of scary. I would highly recommend an electric scooter.

has she used one outside of around her home esp outside. my guess ism after day 1 she will be looking for a wheelchair/ECV as they are not easy on unlevel walkways which there are a lot of at Disney

has she used one outside of around her home esp outside. my guess ism after day 1 she will be looking for a wheelchair/ECV as they are not easy on unlevel walkways which there are a lot of at Disney

100% agree. Also keep in mind and crowded areas people don't see you and it's easy to get bumped on the bad foot that's extended out.

My daughter's friend used one quite successfully on our trip in August. She did state that some of the "themed" walkways and queue floors were overly textured and bumpy. But she took it up to every attraction and it was there for her when she got off.

My DH just had major foot surgery this past summer. He had a knee scooter and it's not all it's cracked up to be. He got blisters on his knee from the rubbing, we had to make a cover for the knee pad to ease that. If we went to the zoo he said "no way" and we rented him a evc. He was so much more comfortable. Scooting around Disney is an entirely different beast. Your friend really should consider a chair or evc Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter