• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Where to get a decent cup of coffee?

C.Ann

<font color=green>We'll remember when...<br><font
Will be in WDW from April 2nd to the 5th - staying at the Pop..

Where can I get a decent cup of brewed (not instant) regular (not flavored or Columbian) cup of coffee?

I'm not a nice person when I don't have my coffee............................

LOL :rotfl:

Kona Cafe at the Poly has the best in WDW and some our favorite coffee anywhere. 100% Kona press pot is a must. They also serve a wonderful Kona blend. There is a great coffee bar right next to the Kona Cafe.

Also, the Kenyan press pot at Boma is very good, and I think they serve it at Jiko, as well.

Ghirardelli at DTD has good coffee and coffee drinks.

A couple of CMs told us last November that several WDW restaurants were going to begin serving better coffee. How I wish Nestle/Nescafe would be replaced by Starbucks as a sponsor!

barbeml said:
A couple of CMs told us last November that several WDW restaurants were going to begin serving better coffee. How I wish Nestle/Nescafe would be replaced by Starbucks as a sponsor!
---------------------------

Shoot - I'd be satisfied with Folger's - LOL.. :rotfl:

Thanks for the suggestions - I'll copy them into my little notebook for my trip.. :flower:

Do what we do -- take your own. I bring DH's Starbucks, disposable cups and lids, and we make a grocery stop for cream (among other things). Since we're staying at a moderate resort, the room has a coffee maker. DH gets his coffee fix.

Of course, he is still likely to force us to stop on Main Street (before we get on any rides or anything) so he can pick up a second coffee and then complain about how bad it was for the rest of the day. I think I deserve a medal.

Do a quick search, there was a 3 or 4 page thread just about coffee last week - lots of great places to stop at.

Bottom line is most is Nestle coffee and it's just plain icky.

Do yourself a favor and bring your own. If Staying at a value you might even need to bring your own coffe pot, but well worth it if you're a coffe fan. Disney's Necafe crap is worthless! Not even real coffee!

Crazy Kanga said:
Do yourself a favor and bring your own. If Staying at a value you might even need to bring your own coffe pot, but well worth it if you're a coffe fan. Disney's Necafe crap is worthless! Not even real coffee!
I would check with the resort and see if it is possible to get a coffee maker in your room, with enough notice they may do it for you, I know it's possible in the moderates and the deluxes................
I do it at the WL because I cannot stand that crap they serve in the snack bar, besides I like my coffee from home! You would think that at least the deluxe resorts would have have something besides Nescafe, I don't know how anybody can drink that stuff and am surprised it is even marketable these days.
I also bring my own coffee when I go skiing I just measure into snack size ziplocs, throw a couple filters in and put it in my suitcase.

Love the coffee at Kona and Boma and I'm mostly a tea drinker. :sunny:

Fresh serves Starbucks.

The Kenyan press pot at Boma is very good coffee, much better than the swill elsewhere. I'm not sure but I think you actually have to ask for it, rather than just regular coffee. I think it costs a little extra. If I'm wrong about that someone will soon let you know ;).
I haven't tried Kona yet but plan to go there for breakfast during my next trip.

I don't like Nescafe and I can't stand Folgers either :confused3. I'll be bringing my own coffee to use in my room.

I have been to Disney every year for 25 years-and don't get me wrong, its the best place on earth...but they just do not have good coffee.

Miss Mickey Mania said:
The Kenyan press pot at Boma is very good coffee, much better than the swill elsewhere. I'm not sure but I think you actually have to ask for it, rather than just regular coffee. I think it costs a little extra. If I'm wrong about that someone will soon let you know ;).
I haven't tried Kona yet but plan to go there for breakfast during my next trip.

I don't like Nescafe and I can't stand Folgers either :confused3. I'll be bringing my own coffee to use in my room.

Yes, the Kona coffee is on the menu, so you do have to ask for it, don't just ask for a cup of coffee. The last time I was there it was $6.99 but well worth it, and you get a lot of coffee in it.

This is great info to know for my coffee-addicted husband!

chyam: I love the pic of your kitty! What a cutie!

Tubbi's Bufferteria (in the Dolphin) serves Starbucks.

The press pots (BOMA) cost $6 (plus tax). I agree that both the African and Kona coffee is quite good.

I'm not very nice until after I've had my bucket of coffee in the morning, either (at least, that's what I've been told, LOL). It's probably not convenient to go to those places for coffee every morning (at least I don't consider it convenient, LOL) - who can wait that long!!!

So here's another vote for bringing and brewing your own in the room each morning.

Best wishes -

Yes, the Kona coffee is on the menu, so you do have to ask for it, don't just ask for a cup of coffee. The last time I was there it was $6.99 but well worth it, and you get a lot of coffee in it.

Kona serves a Kona blend coffee if you just ask for a cup of coffee. The presspot is 100% Kona. No Nescafe there at all.

Is the Nescafe instant? I remember that brand from years ago. If it is instant then "enuff said" ;) . If its not is it bitter, weak , etc.? We have to have our coffee in the morn. :teeth: The coffee packs in the moderates, what brand are they?

DW makes me drive half way around the world in search of a Dunkin Donut shop. If she could arrange it she would have an IV of that stuff, and drag around the drip with her at WDW. On our last trip we had some from the Boardwalk Bakery that she didn't complain about too much. Me, all I drink is decaf. I am off the wall enough, especially when at my favorite place to be. I do agree at times it would be nice to have a really "GOOD" cup of coffee though.

Tuskerhouse in AK has the shade grown coffee which is nice. The Poly has the Kona coffee, but the hours at the coffee bar are not always consistent. It is supposed to stay open until 11:00 am, but we went last week at 10:30 amone day and the bar was closed. The upside was that they had complimentary coffee from containers available by the bar. Not sure what was going on with the espresso machine or if they were short staffed?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter