where to eat at Knotts?

DLfan4

Cant wait for another trip to DLR
Hi where do you like to eat when at Knotts? anyone have any suggestions?

both inside the park and within walkin distance. thanks

Mrs Knott's Chicken - just "outside" the park, you actually walk by it heading into the park

Order the chicken dinner with a piece of boysenberry pie and thank me later :thumbsup2

Hi where do you like to eat when at Knotts? anyone have any suggestions?

both inside the park and within walkin distance. thanks

I too would like to see some suggestions. I imagine this has been asked many times; so if anyone has some good threads to post the URL here, that would be awesome.

I recently went to Knott's and stayed at the Knott's Hotel. I loved the Amber Waves breakfast by the Hotel package.

I didn't try Mrs. Knott's Chicken because I didn't feel like leaving the park to eat, though it is ultra close to the entrance.

The Cinnamon roll wasn't that great to me. I won't be having it again.

We had a late lunch early dinner at Ghost Town Grill. I also won't be going there again. Cold inside, even near the kitchen. Underwhelming interior layout and feel. Waiter was very nice and accommodating. Unfortunately the meal was sub-par. I had the 1/3 Lbs burger with waffle fries. Plate and burger was pretty small. I honestly wonder if it was a 1/3 Lbs burger. It was if it was 1/5 Lbs of 50% fat beef and so it shrank a ton. Or it wasn't 1/3 Lbs of uncooked beef. But that wasn't the only complaint. All of our food was sub-par. Ghost Town Grill excited me with it's marketing on the webpage, but didn't deliver for me.

So anyone have a few favorite places and menu items? Those who go to Knott's a lot; is there anything you like to get every time you go?

We actually meet up with family members a few times a year just to go to Mrs Knotts chicken dinner :) Boysenberry punch there is yum as well!
I haven't ever been into the park though, even though I live like 10 min away hah

I think most of the food in the park is...mediocre at best. There is a Panda Express and a Johnny Rockets inside the park. The other food options are mostly your typical burger/chicken theme park food.

A lot would recommend Mrs. Knotts' Chicken restaurant. I, personally, have not eaten there in years because the last time I ate there it was not as good as previous visits and I was pretty disappointed. Some still like it, though.

There's boysenberry punch offered throughout the park and it is delicious.

There's also a TGIF just outside the park. And an IHOP and McDonalds not too far.

I always end up eating at Panda because it's the only decent food I have found within the park. They used to have a pretty good cheddar broccoli cheese soup in a bread bowl in Ghost Town but I have not seen that in 2 years.

The café right outside the front gate. Make sure to order their signature Rhubarb Pie! YUM!

it's been a tradition of ours when we took the kids to knots when they were growing up. Have Funpixiedust:

Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant really can't be beat by anything else in the park. Seriously...get the chicken dinner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been craving it for quite some time, really need to get back there. :thumbsup2

Most food is mediocre. We like the chuck wagon BBQ just outside the birdcage theater, which is god but not great. The Johnny Rockets over by the plaza fountain is great. The chicken dinner place is very good too. Across the street is a claim jumper that has always been a favorite. You should check out their menu.
http://www.claimjumper.com/menu.aspx

I think the TGI Fridays is OK and much prefer claim jumper. They have added a Pinks hot dog place that I have not tried yet. Some say it is almost as good as the legendary LA location.

We always get a funnel cake topped with boysenberries and ice cream. Nothing anywhere else tastes as good to me, but Knott's was where I had my first taste of this treat many years ago. They make it fresh at each location. Most of the time it will come straight out if the fryer.

Food service in the park is SLOW. Be patient.

Inside the park they have a Flinstones BBQ they have the best burgers. Its a great lunch choice. The burgers are big thick and juicy unlike most these park burgers. We loved them!

thanks everyone for the tips and suggestions.

Inside the park they have a Flinstones BBQ they have the best burgers. Its a great lunch choice. The burgers are big thick and juicy unlike most these park burgers. We loved them!

I thought the Flinstones BBQ was at universal?

DLfan4 said:
thanks everyone for the tips and suggestions.

I thought the Flinstones BBQ was at universal?

Omg... your right... sorry wrong park... whoops

Ms Knotts is the end of the story, its not worth eating anything else. You can exit and enter the park at an entrance to the right of the main gates, they will stamp your hand. That is all you need for reentry, through the same gate. So although you exit the park, it isnt like leaving DL for DTD.

I was hoping to find a few great eats inside the Knott's park walls. Something like Disney's California Adventure/Grand Californian Hotel: Storyteller's Cafe. Which is spendy, but great food and lots of it. Or Disneyland's Big Thunder Ranch BBQ, or Main Street's Carnation Cafe. To name a few of my repeat places to eat well.

Johny Rockets inside Knott's is fine for that type of food. But not good enough to be that expensive. Very noisy inside and when busy, it was a really long wait to be seated. Not worth a repeat visit for me unless there is no wait and I am not real hungry.

I see Knott's now has an All-day Dining plan. I may have to try that out.

We slipped outside the gate for Pink's at lunch, and again for to-go Chicken, sides and pie at the take out Mrs. Knott's. Both were really good and much cheaper than if we'd eaten inside the park. The restaurants are only a few steps outside the gate.

We slipped outside the gate for Pink's at lunch, and again for to-go Chicken, sides and pie at the take out Mrs. Knott's. Both were really good and much cheaper than if we'd eaten inside the park. The restaurants are only a few steps outside the gate.

The main issue for me, and why I am trying to find inside-park ideas; is that often when I am wanting to eat; I am no where near the front of the park. Plus the outside park ideas are often pretty well known and well documented.

And there is something about eating at a franchise inside the park that doesn't excite me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter