Where is the Welcome to Walt Disney World Sign

goofydad621

DIS Veteran
Hi
I have drivien under it I don't know how many times, have taken countless pictures of the Welcome to Walt Disney World sign, but sitting up here in New Hampshire I can't for the life of me figure out what road it is on. We are leaving on Saturday for our stay at Kadani and are shopping first etc. But want to make sure I go under that sign before arriving, we have a 16 yr old coming with us that had never been and she is so excited I want her to expereince the joy seeing that sign brings.

Thanks

Goofydad621

It's on the main road just before you approach the entrance to the TTC if my memory serves me correctly.

Hi
I have drivien under it I don't know how many times, have taken countless pictures of the Welcome to Walt Disney World sign, but sitting up here in New Hampshire I can't for the life of me figure out what road it is on. We are leaving on Saturday for our stay at Kadani and are shopping first etc. But want to make sure I go under that sign before arriving, we have a 16 yr old coming with us that had never been and she is so excited I want her to expereince the joy seeing that sign brings.

Thanks

Goofydad621

Hi neighbor, wavin' at ya from Maine!
There's one on World Drive off 192. I found this on another message board:

There are entrance signs when you enter property from 192 on World Drive, 536 on Epcot Center Drive, Osceloa Parkway, off 535 onto Hotel Plaza Blvd, and from Western Way off 429. If you come down 192 to World Center Drive, you'll hit the largest of the signs, but come off onto Western Way and you'll still get an entrace sign, just a bit smaller.

Enjoy your stay, think of us in the arctic up here ;)

The signs are over the roads at all 4 major exits from I-4 to the Disney Parks.

On a side note:
Please, please, please obey the "No Stopping" signs that are posted.

The speed limits are 50 miles per hour or higher on most of those roads, and I've seen many accidents and countless near misses when stupid people slam on their brakes in the middle of the road to try to get a picture.

On a side note:

The speed limits are 50 miles per hour or higher on most of those roads, and I've seen many accidents and countless near misses when stupid people slam on their brakes in the middle of the road to try to get a picture.

Thanks
I understand, I am not one to stop in the middle of traffic, I drive in the Boston area everyday, good way to DIE

Thanks

Hi neighbor, wavin' at ya from Maine!
There's one on World Drive off 192. I found this on another message board:

There are entrance signs when you enter property from 192 on World Drive, 536 on Epcot Center Drive, Osceloa Parkway, off 535 onto Hotel Plaza Blvd, and from Western Way off 429. If you come down 192 to World Center Drive, you'll hit the largest of the signs, but come off onto Western Way and you'll still get an entrace sign, just a bit smaller.

Enjoy your stay, think of us in the arctic up here ;)

Hi Rebecca

So what part of Maine are you in, and come on next week it is gonna warm up should be soaring into the 20's lol

I'll give you a nod while we are at the pool

goofydad621

Hi Rebecca

So what part of Maine are you in, and come on next week it is gonna warm up should be soaring into the 20's lol

I'll give you a nod while we are at the pool

goofydad621

We're in Jay, about an hour and a half above Portland, and if we head west we can be in Gorham in about an hour or so.

Yep, I guess this week is the cold week, negative temps so you will doubly appreciate Florida weather. Enjoy!

We're in Jay, about an hour and a half above Portland, and if we head west we can be in Gorham in about an hour or so.

Yep, I guess this week is the cold week, negative temps so you will doubly appreciate Florida weather. Enjoy!

Taking off line

On a side note:

This. I didn't remember there being "No Stopping" signs there in my many trips before but noticed them on my trip earlier this month. I didn't realize it was such a problem but understand though. If you want to get pictures, go to the Hotels Boulevard main entrance and park at the McDonald's across the street. Much easier and safer to take pictures there. They even have a sidewalk that allows you to pose in front of the sign! :)

On a side note:

We get a great picture every trip and it's never once occurred to us to try and stop to get it. People's stupidity amazes me.

We get a great picture every trip and it's never once occurred to us to try and stop to get it. People's stupidity amazes me.

Finally there are barriers up to make it very difficult now. Too bad the county had to pay to do this, I used to see cars pulled over almost every time I went through there and that is often. I haven't seen anyone since the barriers were installed. Even though there were huge signs saying not to park there people still felt special enough that the warnings did not include them.

I can look at it any time I want without wasting space on my hard drive or memory card...

Google Earth is your friend...

WDWsign_zps5a3f880e.jpg

Also, don't take pictures of the sign while you are driving. Yesterday my fiance spotted a woman taking a picture with her DSLR camera. While she was driving. There were other people in the car.

We quickly sped away from her.

If you want to get pictures, go to the Hotels Boulevard main entrance and park at the McDonald's across the street. Much easier and safer to take pictures there. They even have a sidewalk that allows you to pose in front of the sign! :)

That's excellent! :thumbsup2 Didn't know you could do that with any of them, and didn't care enough to figure it out. ;) But my middle daughter (who would love a pic there) thanks you. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter