Where is the official August 2022 check in thread?

My DW, DD, DS and I are headed to DLH from August 12 - August 15. Never been to DLR. My DW went when she was 8 years old. Her Great Aunt (DGA?) had a seizure immediately upon entering the park on Main Street. My DW spent all day in the infirmary with her mom, grandma and great aunt. Not good for my at the time 8 year old DW. Definitely not good for her great aunt. My DW never returned to DLR so I surprised her with a trip this year. She turns 50 this summer. She gets DLR. She's excited. I've nominated myself DH of the year.

I plan to become the Official Jedi North Star of DLR and WDW by the end of this trip. Thank you Bob Chapek for my new designation.

My DW, DD, DS and I are headed to DLH from August 12 - August 15. Never been to DLR. My DW went when she was 8 years old. Her Great Aunt (DGA?) had a seizure immediately upon entering the park on Main Street. My DW spent all day in the infirmary with her mom, grandma and great aunt. Not good for my at the time 8 year old DW. Definitely not good for her great aunt. My DW never returned to DLR so I surprised her with a trip this year. She turns 50 this summer. She gets DLR. She's excited. I've nominated myself DH of the year.

I plan to become the Official Jedi North Star of DLR and WDW by the end of this trip. Thank you Bob Chapek for my new designation.
Oh no! What a traumatic experience for all.

I second your nomination for DH of the year - well done!

And congratulations on your new title 😂. Unsurprising, considering how well known Bob is for his generosity.

My DH, DD(7), DS(will be 5), and I are headed to DLR for our first family trip to Disney August 23 - August 27.

I work in public health and have been just... gah... burned out and overwhelmed for too long. As many of us have, I suppose. So this is a definite over-the-top splurge trip for us. We're going to stay club level at GCH and will have 4 one-day park tickets.

Planning for the trip has been my 'relaxation' lately, and it's quite consuming! I look forward to 'meeting' fellow August goers!

I work in public health and have been just... gah... burned out and overwhelmed for too long.
I don't work IN public health, but WITH public health as a legal advisor. I totally understand that burn out feeling. When COVID hit, I was swamped with work. But, seeing how several family members and friends were laid off and lost their job completely, I'm just blessed I was able to keep my job.

Enjoy DLR.

I don't work IN public health, but WITH public health as a legal advisor. I totally understand that burn out feeling. When COVID hit, I was swamped with work. But, seeing how several family members and friends were laid off and lost their job completely, I'm just blessed I was able to keep my job.

Enjoy DLR.
I am a nurse. The last couple years have been challenging but one thing I haven’t lost perspective of is how fortunate I have been to have a job that hasn’t been threatened in any way.

@milieu_mouse I feel ya! There have definitely been some challenging aspects of being in health care, since 2020 and still now. This trip is NEEDED!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter