• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where is the most unusual place you been

Jim and Tammy Faye Bakker’s Heritage USA amusement park and compound in Sputh Carolina back in the early 1980’s. Truly surreal.

Jim and Tammy Faye Bakker’s Heritage USA amusement park and compound in Sputh Carolina back in the early 1980’s. Truly surreal.

:oops: I bet it was! Man I remember all those religious shows praying and begging for money back in the 80's. Crazy!!

And no one who was around then can forget Tammy Faye. I couldn't believe that I grew a little fond of her when she came back on reality tv in the late 90's early 2000's.

Johnston Atoll in the Pacific Ocean when nasty weapons were being neutralized and disposed of.

Never been anywhere that qualifies but I wanna play so I’ll just say.... my first and only time in the Combat Zone in Boston in 1982 back when I was still closeted. More bizarre than unusual, though.

LOL, how did you like it, I had a buddy, i want to say it was 82-84 also, we went to NYC, and he to was in the closet (but I suspected) anyway I drug him into some places, you should of seen the look of horror and disgust on his face :laughing:, later on during the trip he put hs foot down and refused to go to some of these places I was dragging him in

Pune India for work. The hotel we stayed in was beautiful, lots of artwork. The office was in a gated office park, mirrored glass buildings. In between, the worst poverty you can imagine in some areas. Slum dog Millionaire was accurate. The begging children were especially sad.

A couple come to mind
1) Museum & Crypt of the Capuchin Friars (Rome, Italy)\
View attachment 414234

I went there in April. I was more creeped out by it than I expected to be. I'm not usually bothered by bones or bodies (I love mummies and bog bodies), but this was something else.

The most unusual place I've been is probably Guam, just because it's so far away from where I live that nobody else around here has been. I was there for work but had a decent amount of free time to do some sightseeing.

Partied all night with our friends from Speedcult in their backyard Abusement Park. The Roaster Coaster is awesome! These cats are seriously nuts. Look it up if you're curious.

The top end of Australia.
We went with Australian friends who were very seasoned in out back travellers
I didn 't wash for 3 days!!!!

Doctor's office at our resort at the rim of Ngorongoro Crater in Tanzania after my son's second Tse-Tse fly bite. Luckily, the flies didn't carry sleeping sickness.:scared:
Oy, Those things ate me alive in Tarangire. Those ******** bite through clothing and left my skin looking like Braille.
A couple come to mind
1) Museum & Crypt of the Capuchin Friars (Rome, Italy)\
View attachment 414234
I can’t unsee the giant Mickey head...

Boulder, CO. I live a few miles away and avoid that place at all cost. Those people are freaky up there! :)

Middle of no where Canada because I thought a road trip from Alaska to Arkansas would be fun. We stopped in Moose Jaw?
:rotfl: That's actually one of the more densely-populated areas in Saskatchewan and well-representative of any mid-sized Canadian city coast-to-coast. I hope you enjoyed your visit, eh! :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter