Where/how do you store all your stuff in your room?

were45

Mouseketeer
Hi- we will be staying at POR and I am wondering if anyone has tips for where and how to keep things stowed away in the room. The idea of living in a continuous tornado of messiness always concerns me when we stay in a hotel room together for a week! I see that in the renovated rooms they don't even have an armoire. Just looks like a small credenza for tv with 3 drawers, a tiny bedside table, and a bench. I know some of you creative types must have helpful advice for me so I don't cringe every time we return to our room. (Especially since it effectively removes the Disney "buzz" and makes me grumpy!) Would it be wrong to have my DH and DS sleep in the car with their smelly shoes while I live it up in a mansion? Just kidding!!!
:laundy:

I am trying something new this time. I hate living out of suitcases but I am also concerned about putting my clothes inside drawers etc, :scared1: We bought a hanging cubby system from Target (2 of them) that we are going to put an outfit for each of us (DH and I in one, DDs in the other). We will then just hang it from the rod in the closet. We will line up shoes underneath. We have an organizer for our toiletries (from LLBean) that we will hang on the bathroom door.

Hope this helps :goodvibes

VERY good idea! I will breathe easier with everything neatly stored, and even better that I can see what's in there. Thanks so much!

We are a family of five who stay at POR and organizing is key to making your staying more comfortable! We also use the organizers that hang from the rod, but I also buy a shoe organizer and hang that as well:) I also use the shelf in the sink area to organize with as well. I feel like we use every available space in those rooms! There is also a small shelf over the fridge that I use for food items. I am a little worried about this year though with less storage space:( I am going to really have to pack well this year to make sure everything fits in the room:)

Snap! We also take the hanging organisers. They have been all across Europe and many trips to Disney with us.

I hate clutter too:cool1:and these items have helped immensly over the years: 1) over-the-door "shoe" organizer/the BEST for all the little items and keeping what you need to take to the parks each day in one place as you switch outfits 2) I pack at least 2 dozen more plastic hangers/the BEST for efficiently using closet space and minimizing dryer time 3) mesh clothes hampers/the BEST for collecting all the dirty clothes so they don't get mixed up. Since I buy all these items at DollarTree, everyone gets one. No more last minute "I can't find its";)

Great ideas! I'm going to have to get some of those organizers, I can't stand a messy room (on vacation only when we are all cramped up together, at home it doesn't bother me as much :rotfl:) Last year I bought a suction cup basket for a shower that we put on the bathroom mirror to put toothbrushes and things in. It helps with the clutter on the counter.

I am trying something new this time. I hate living out of suitcases but I am also concerned about putting my clothes inside drawers etc, :scared1: We bought a hanging cubby system from Target (2 of them) that we are going to put an outfit for each of us (DH and I in one, DDs in the other). We will then just hang it from the rod in the closet. We will line up shoes underneath. We have an organizer for our toiletries (from LLBean) that we will hang on the bathroom door.

Hope this helps :goodvibes

Adding this to my shopping list! Great idea!:thumbsup2

Usually I just put my dirty clothes in a black trash bag, but the next time I'm driving somewhere, I think I'll try the collapsible hamper idea! It doesn't make sense to me to use it when flying, since I doubt the TSA would let me have it as a carry on. :lmao:

This might sound weird, but we don't unpack our suitcases. I find hotel dressers sketchy, and when we're in the room, our suitcases are open so our clothes won't get all stuffy and stale-smelling. I've also used dryer sheets in my luggage to help with the smell. Of course, I also don't pack until the day before, so leaving stuff in a suitcase for a week as opposed to weeks on end and then all through vacation doesn't bother me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter