Where have you had success trading a QS credit for 3 snacks?

sophie131

Mouseketeer
I am going to look to do this on my trip in the summer but have been reading it's easy at some places, not easy at others. I am hoping we can get 3 dole whips!

Where have you had success doing this?

I did it last November in the gift shop at POP - traded one for 3 bags of Goofy's Candy for the plane ride home :)

We did it at the resort gift shop (WL), at the Main St. Confectionery and at the Big Top Treats. Those are the only 3 places we've attempted it so far.

All places that sell snacks can do it. I had a CM at a popcorn cart try and talk me into it for a popcorn and 2 waters. It was hard to convince her it wasn't worth using a QS credit for a $9 snack.

I am at the Magic Kingdom right now and am struggling to split my QS credit for three snacks. Just tried at Auntie Gravitys Galatic Goodies to split for three smoothies and was told I could not as they were not a quick service location. I don't get it. The app has them listed under dining as a snack experience but still designates it as quick service as well as a participant. Should I argue? I have 27 credits remaining to use in less than 48 hours. Advice is much appreciated.

I am at the Magic Kingdom right now and am struggling to split my QS credit for three snacks. Just tried at Auntie Gravitys Galatic Goodies to split for three smoothies and was told I could not as they were not a quick service location. I don't get it. The app has them listed under dining as a snack experience but still designates it as quick service as well as a participant. Should I argue? I have 27 credits remaining to use in less than 48 hours. Advice is much appreciated.

Unfortunately there's probably not much you can do. This is one of those "unknowns" of the QS credits. It's not written into the brochure, so each and every eatery has the option of whether they want to do it or not. You could ask for a manager/supervisor to see if they know how to do it on the register, but it's very likely they will give you the same answer.

I am at the Magic Kingdom right now and am struggling to split my QS credit for three snacks. Just tried at Auntie Gravitys Galatic Goodies to split for three smoothies and was told I could not as they were not a quick service location...

They do not accept the dining plan at this location so that is why they would not let you split any of the items.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/magic-kingdom/auntie-gravitys-galactic-goodies/
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/magic-kingdom/auntie-gravitys-galactic-goodies/

Look for the symbol below to be listed next to items. These are items you can get on the dining plans as snacks.

upload_2016-5-17_14-14-34.jpeg

They do not accept the dining plan at this location so that is why they would not let you split any of the items.

Look for the symbol below to be listed next to items. These are items you can get on the dining plans as snacks.

View attachment 169165

Auntie Gravitys DOES accept snack credits. The picture of the menu here http://www.easywdw.com/easy/dining-2/quick-service/auntie-gravitys-galactic-goodies/ has the little purple snack logo next to the items.

The problem is, they are not a QS place, and so they don't know how to or cannot exchange the QS credit for 3 snacks. That's not uncommon for places that are not a QS, but there are some places that are SNACK only that do it.

Then this is another issue of the WDW website not being updated since they indicate that this location does not accept the dining plan.

Then this is another issue of the WDW website not being updated since they indicate that this location does not accept the dining plan.

Most of the places that only have snacks that actually have a menu on the WDW site state the same thing. I agree it's not that difficult to update it, but it may be a matter of legality. If they say "snack credits accepted," perhaps there would be those who think everything on that menu would be a snack credit. The snack credits are in such a state of flux, it's just easier for them to not spell it out on the website EXCEPT to say, "look for the purple logo" once you get there.

I found this newspaper article from when the news first came out about being able to swap CS credits for 3 snack credits. Not sure where they got the info or how official it is, but the article does list a limited number of places inside the parks where the 3 snacks for a CS credit is an option.

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2015/05/disney-dining-plan-enhancements-begin.html

Here are the places inside the park mentioned in that article:

• Big Top Souvenir (Magic Kingdom)
  • Confectionary (Magic Kingdom)
  • Prairie Outpost (Magic Kingdom)
  • Karamell-Küche (Epcot)
  • Beverly Sunset (Disney's Hollywood Studios)
  • Writer's Stop (Disney's Hollywood Studios)
  • Mombasa Marketplace (Disney's Animal Kingdom)
  • Candy Cauldron (Downtown Disney)
  • Goofy's Candy Co. (Downtown Disney)

Now I'm starting to wonder if I wanted to do this at F/W festival this October will I be able to do it. I too also love the Dole Whips and wonder if I can exchange for 3 snacks we will be on the DxDDP.

we did this at Food & Wine last year - was awesome - DH and I each got something ot try and split a drink - worked out great and all of the CM's knew how to do it

A related question or two...............We are planning on using some QS credits at the booths for F&G next week. At some places there are 3 items we would want to try between the two of us, and we will purchase those in one transaction. I see that we can use a QS credit for this. Do all the booths take the QS credits for items designated with the snack symbol, and do most of the CM's know how to process the charge correctly? I know some items are not included for snacks so we will pay OOP separately for those.

Do our snack credits need to be all gone before they will do this? At some places we would want to use just one snack credit so will save our SC for those places, but at others we plan to use a QS for 3 items before using up all of our snack credits.

A related question or two...............We are planning on using some QS credits at the booths for F&G next week. At some places there are 3 items we would want to try between the two of us, and we will purchase those in one transaction. I see that we can use a QS credit for this. Do all the booths take the QS credits for items designated with the snack symbol, and do most of the CM's know how to process the charge correctly? I know some items are not included for snacks so we will pay OOP separately for those.

Do our snack credits need to be all gone before they will do this? At some places we would want to use just one snack credit so will save our SC for those places, but at others we plan to use a QS for 3 items before using up all of our snack credits.

You shouldn't have any problem. Just make sure you tell them you want to use a QS credit for 3 items together AND don't get anything else in that transaction. If you're wanting more than the 3 or something alcoholic to drink, one of you needs to do the QS exchange and the other needs to get the other things. And, no, your snacks don't have to be gone to do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter