• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where does your family eat at Magic Kingdom?

devotedchristian

DIS Veteran
And if you don't mind, can you please share your budget with me?

I've been stressing over eating lunch at the Crystal Palace, but I am trying to decide if I want to budget in approximately $100 for lunch. For me, DH, DD16 and DS5.

Thanks in advance!

We eat at Crystal Palace, We have tried the Plaza (2x) Both are reasonably priced also the Liberty Inn is very nice

And if you don't mind, can you please share your budget with me?

I've been stressing over eating lunch at the Crystal Palace, but I am trying to decide if I want to budget in approximately $100 for lunch. For me, DH, DD16 and DS5.

Thanks in advance!

DH and I do breakfast at the CP--we prefer buffets for breakfast.

Our favorite lunch meal at the MK is The Plaza Restaurant. Great salads, burgers, sandwiches, shakes and desserts. People often say it is not worth it on the dining plan (which we always get), but we don't look for the value on the dining plan...we look for food and service we enjoy.

We love CHH, it's decent food, not typical burgers and if you go upstairs to eat, it's usually pretty quite and it has some nice views. I've never had lunch a CP, but breakfast if definately worth the price.

The Plaza gets really good reviews and is very reasonabily priced. You'll make it out of there for well under $100. If this is a large consideration for you then you'll get the most bang for your buck there.

If we're really just into riding rides and don't really wanna take too much time to eat-
we like Pinnochios village haus (my son LOVES it's a small world- and u can look over at it)

Also, I can fill up on Dole Whip Floats from Aloha Isle!!!
Sometimes we'll j ust get those and snacks from Main street bakery to hold us over til later in the day.

Lunch is really fun at CP but if you want to spend less I agree that Pinochio's Haus is really fun. My youngest loves to eat there and wave at the riders from Its a Small World.

Caseys Corner!
It's tradition and the kids love those mini corn-dog nuggets!

We LOVE Crystal Palace for lunch, SO much yummy good and I like to think it's not TERRIBLY expensive considering how much you get. However, we also really like pinnochio's haus for lunch/dinner and can get plenty filled up from that as well. I'm sure that'd be fine to eat at if you're on a budget!

We get cream cheese stuffed pretzel for a meal replacement too lol because we love them so much! ;) (you can get them at the "lunching pad" in tomorrowland and scuttles landing in fantasyland)

Ltt for lunch. Otherwise we come out of the park and eat at one of the nearby resorts. We really try not to eat dinner in MK because the options are not very good.
We ate a CPP a few years ago for dinner and it was pretty good.

If we want to do sit down then it is Cosmic Rays or LTT; if we don't want sit down but something quick then it is Casey's Hot Dogs. If we get to MK early then we have breakfast at the Bakery. Also there is the place by the Hall of Presidents that has snacks and baked potatoes also we go for the turkey legs in that area.

We love Casey's for CS. But, for sit down The Plaza is the best. We did it twice last trip...you can see the parade route from most tables and it's really fun at night during specto (and you can eat dinner and see the castle).

-Great menu (about $11 for a huge reuben with fries, we always split because you gotta save room for dessert...check out the menu for accurate pricing)
-Sit down (no waiting in line)-a great break
-Air conditioning

At Disney, we get tired of the buffets (of course, I have two small kids to serve too) and tired of the burger/fries CS....I wish there were more Plazas at WDW!! The Plaza is a nice change.

We do love CP for breakfast, it's a great restaurant....but those buffets get expensive for lunch and dinner! We are going to try Tony's this trip, too, then I think that I can officially say, that I have eaten at all the MK restaurants!

Here's a vote for The Plaza! We try different sandwiches when we go and they have all been divine! And don't forget the milkshakes~ so good!!!!!:hippie:

If we stay in MK for lunch it's usually Columbia Harbor House or Pecos Bills, occasionally Cosmic Ray's. We generally try to be out of MK by lunch though and generally eat in EPCOT or DHS>

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter