Where Do You Buy Your NCAA Licensed Clothing?

tarheelmjfan

Proud Redhead
I'm trying to find a new t-shirt to wear to a game later this month. Unfortunately, I have a fairly specific design in mind & I can't find anything like it anywhere. None of the shirts I've seen said, "buy me". :p I've checked every site I know & tried Googling more. There has to be more out there that I'm not finding. What site(s) do you like?

See them everywhere, but often it has to be a nearby school to get a good selection. I see stuff at my local Target and near campus. A lot of it is licensed but fairly unique.

Often it can depend on who is the athletic equipment sponsor. Niketown in San Francisco has a huge selection of various NCAA team logo gear. There are some Nike Outlets and a Nike Factory store where I've seen gear for schools around the country. I've also seen a lot of stuff like NHL jerseys at a Reebok outlet store. I think you get the picture.

Could you describe what you're looking for?

See them everywhere, but often it has to be a nearby school to get a good selection. I see stuff at my local Target and near campus. A lot of it is licensed but fairly unique.

Often it can depend on who is the athletic equipment sponsor. Niketown in San Francisco has a huge selection of various NCAA team logo gear. There are some Nike Outlets and a Nike Factory store where I've seen gear for schools around the country. I've also seen a lot of stuff like NHL jerseys at a Reebok outlet store. I think you get the picture.

Could you describe what you're looking for?

Thanks. Unfortunately, I don't live in the same state as my team of choice, so there's no local merchandise for me to choose from.

I don't buy NCAA stuff very often, but I know that Hanes carries a lot of schools:

http://www.hanes.com/shop/hanes/college-fanwear

When I looked, they seemed to be very basic stuff.

Thanks. I'll check it out.

Try Victoria's Secret NCAA PINK collection. Most of it isn't online though, but they do list stores that carry each team. Old Navy, Target and WalMart sell NCAA items online. There's also stuff on Etsy.

Try Victoria's Secret NCAA PINK collection. Most of it isn't online though, but they do list stores that carry each team. Old Navy, Target and WalMart sell NCAA items online. There's also stuff on Etsy.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm a big fan of VS, but their online collegiate section is an epic fail for me. :mad: They have the pathetic team in Raleigh, but not ours. :sad2: Finding licensed clothing was so much easier, when I was in the area. I'll try the other suggestions though. I never think to check the basic dept. stores.

You can try the school's website and or bookstore, but you can also get things on Prep Sportswear.

Thanks. I've never heard of Prep Sportswear. I'll try all your suggestions.

Not sure what you are looking for but check out gameday couture.

I'm looking for an embellished, women's, UNC Tar Heel, long sleeve tee. I'll try gameday couture.

I am not really big into wearing stuff like that, but I did get an IU sweatshirt at Kohls. I like their 30% off sales. If you live anywhere near the NCAA team, it seems you can find a bunch of stuff whether it is is Walmart, Target, Meijer, Kohls, or any given sports type store in a mall. If you don't live nearby (which that seems to be the case here), Kohls online would be a pretty easy choice.

Thanks for this thread! I had no idea Target sold my team's stuff (since I don't live in the area) I just ordered jersey's for my kids that were *way* cheaper than the bookstore.

You may be out of luck if it's something super specific. A lot of these items are made for a season and they just move to a different style. I've gotten some great stuff on clearance though.

So as embellished, do mean something like glitter or sequins? I've bought stuff like that for my wife. I don't think Nike would do anything like that though.

I work on Campus so I go to the Bookstore. They usually have the best selection of everything and some unique items as well.

I am not really big into wearing stuff like that, but I did get an IU sweatshirt at Kohls. I like their 30% off sales. If you live anywhere near the NCAA team, it seems you can find a bunch of stuff whether it is is Walmart, Target, Meijer, Kohls, or any given sports type store in a mall. If you don't live nearby (which that seems to be the case here), Kohls online would be a pretty easy choice.

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I don't live near my team of choice, so I'm stuck with shopping online. I'll check Meijer. I never would have thought to look there.

We usually get stuff from kohls or dicksporting goods.

Kohl's or Dick's for local NCAA teams.

Thanks for the suggestions. I ended up ordering a couple tops from Dick's. I'm going to try to turn one of them into the top I'm imagining. The other one is to wear with my lounge pants to breakfast at the hotel on game day. :teeth: Yeah, I'm that fan. :duck:

You may be out of luck if it's something super specific. A lot of these items are made for a season and they just move to a different style. I've gotten some great stuff on clearance though.

So as embellished, do mean something like glitter or sequins? I've bought stuff like that for my wife. I don't think Nike would do anything like that though.

I was looking for sequins. I had no luck finding that, so I decided to order a tee I like okay & try to apply sequins myself. That would make it perfect for me. Of course, I paid for express shipping, so I'll have a few days to practice. I can always order something overnight, if I mess that one up. :laughing: Great gifts for your wife, BTW. :thumbsup2

I work on Campus so I go to th
e Bookstore. They usually have the best selection of everything and some unique items as well.

Lucky you. It's been many years, since I could buy from the bookstore or anywhere locally. When I visit NC, I always buy a few things, but I forgot to buy a shirt I wanted to wear to the game on our Christmas trip. :sad2:

Last edited:
american eagle has a line called "tailgate" that has some clothes:

THIS is a tar heels tank, for example, but there's other stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter