Where do DVCers vacation … outside of DVC?

Going on my first cruise this summer but already looking at the British Isles cruise. Would you say the sea is any rougher on this cruise than others?
Not on our trip. We couldn’t have asked for better weather, actually…

We've been very fortunate to own DVC and take our kids while they were growing up - they're all in their 20s now. They learned to read a map, navigate transportation systems, and manage money. Not intentional, but they learned some decent life skills at WDW.

DH was a consultant for many years and had a few clients that took him overseas. He's traveled for work extensively: Brazil, India, Kenya 2x, Zambia, Australia, Guatemala, Canada, and Europe. We were able to join him for Barcelona, London, and Paris in 2016 (3 separate trips). Before Covid, we were able to do a Viking River cruise from Amsterdam to Basel for the Christmas Markets. We also managed to travel to Florence with day trips to Venice and Pisa. After Covid, we been to Montreal to visit our daughter, Wisconsin to visit our son, and Buffalo to visit family. For work, DH had conferences in Las Vegas (one and done) and South Beach Miami (one and done).

We've done Disney Cruises with the kids. We moved to Central FL 5 years ago for DH's work, and it helps to be near Port Canaveral for cruising. We've done 1 Royal Caribbean and 1 MSC.

We have Naples and Sicily planned for this Fall.

If you like DVC you have great taste! So, where are you vacationing when you’re not using your points at Disney? I bet we all have a lot of similar interests since we have DVC in common - let’s recommend some other great places to vacation (even though nothing can compare to Disney!)

For us, we like Chatham, MA and Kennebunkport, ME. (Also Hilton Head but that’s covered by DVC).
We love DVC and Orlando is a quick flight from our home in New Jersey. The past couple of years however, we have ventured across the pond to both Spain and Italy. From NJ the flight isn't that much longer than going out to California but we are discovering a whole new experience. It's been great.

I have family in Maui so we have visited there a few times recently. Haven't made it to Aulani yet though.

We love to go to Sea Island Georgia
Dollywood
This summer we are trying Orange Beach

We love relaxing and beaches, so some places my wife and I have been to in the last few years were Jamaica, St. Lucia, Mexico (Cancun/Riviera Maya region) a few times,

And our favorite trip ever was to Fiji at a place called the Remote Resort. Hard to get to, and had to boat everywhere, but they offered daily adventures like snorkeling with mantas or at various reefs, hikes through the jungle to waterfalls, private beach picnic drop offs, and all with the clearest waters we have ever seen. We are dying to go back. It's low capacity, around 10 oceanside villas, but we would highly recommend it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter