Where did you go on your first date with your partner?

His appreciation dinner (formal) for work. Met all the big bosses and wives. :eek:

2d date, went with him to watch him bowl (bowling league, teamed with his mother, father, & sister. Aunt & uncle on another team, and grandparents visiting) :faint:

Nothing like getting that that pressure out of the way at the beginning of the relationship.

I consider our 3rd date our first real date. The others were more like "meet ups." I had actually decided I wasn't interested in seeing him again, but had heard to give people three chances and he had tickets to a concert I was interested in. Sure enough, I decided I liked him that time and we started dating. We're 30 years in, so I'm glad I gave him another chance!

A hole in the wall Mexican restaurant that I suggested. I met him online and didn't want to commit to more than a drink. He was super nervous and I thought he didn't like me. He gave me a hug after and we went our separate ways. Then he called me a couple of days later and we talked for about six weeks before getting together again, he was away for his job. We've been together ever since, I guess the time talking on the phone so much sealed the deal.

Wait just one daggum second! Wikipedia says A Walk in the Clouds was released in August of 1995. What the hell did we watch? I know we watched this movie together on a date...

That is so funny . . . I was going reply our first date but the movie we both agree was our first real date movie wasn't released yet.

We both say Shell's Seafood for dinner, and then to see Titanic. Titanic wasn't released until December of 1997 and we were dating the summer of '97 so we have no idea what movie it was. I even went back to look and see what movies were released then and couldn't figure it out.

A helicopter ride. He was working on call as the helicopter photog for the news station we both worked for. We were hanging out, having "we're just best friends" time that we both KNEW was turning into something more with each passing second. He got paged to the chopper for a breaking story and asked me to come with (I had clearance to fly as I was also a standby photog). So up we went over LOng Island Sound.

A seagull smashed into our windshield midflight.

The pilot, our mutual friend poked fun at us and asked us when we were just going to get together. When we landed, we helped pick the bird parts off the chopper...then he drove me home and we had our first kiss.

The first like date was just coffee and dessert after going to a church event. Not earth shattering. (I know... Yawwwnnn!!!!)
Our next real date was going early to a natural park, walking/hiking the main trail to a big waterfall, on a nice late summer/early fall day, and spending the rest of the afternoon/evening together. Very nice!!!

What we consider our first date (and still wish each other "happy anniversary" on every month - yes, we're those sappy people) didn't start off as a date at all. We were in college and had been friends for a while. Nothing much was going on that particular Sunday, and the idea was floated at brunch (which must not have been very good in the dining hall that day) to go to my house and procure a home-cooked dinner. (One girl in our group had a car, and my parents lived only 80 minutes away.) My now DH almost claimed too much homework and didn't come with us, but changed his mind at the last minute.

Well, my parents turned out not to be home :rotfl2:(no cell phones back in the dark ages, and maybe we just meant to surprise them) but my grandmother did indeed feed us all, and by the return ride, something was just "different". I had to rush off to some meeting the minute we got back, but apparently DH got on the phone with his buddy to download some courage, waited for me to get back to the dorm, and officially brought up moving from friends to couple. When we told the rest of the group the next day, they asked what took us so long. :rotfl:

We went to a local Mexican Restaurant and then went to see "Monsters Inc"!

Mostly, yes, but unlike the Raptors, at the time I was at least previously aware the Blue Jays existed. :lmao:

I guess this will become my new obsession. Anybody here know anything about field hockey?
https://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/fih-field-hockey-men-olympic-qualifier-oct-27-match-2-1.5337443

I played field hockey on my high school team sophomore and junior years. It was considered a women's sport in the US, or at least in my area. Ice hockey was the men's sport.

We didn't really "date". We sort of went from friends to "going steady" without any in-between. But, if pressed, I'd probably say the Wendy's in the Student Union across the street from our dorm.

A little hole-in-the-wall Italian place that has been around for decades... one of the first places I tried when I moved here. Had no idea that it was their favorite Italian restaurant.

Fraternity formal. Then my sorority formal the next night. May 1993.

Last edited:
He played golf, so I suggested a golfing range. He tried to teach me how to swing a golf club. I grew up playing softball, where anytime I had to swing, I stepped into the swing. No matter how many times he tried to get me to keep my legs still, I stepped into it. After our bucket of balls emptied, he asked if I would like to go to the batting cages.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter