• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where are you staying on your next Disneyland Trip and Why?

I leave in two days for a very budget trip, the only reason we are going is because I snagged $64 airfare from Vancouver, BC and a car rental that is $32 for our entire stay. In keeping with our discount theme we are staying at Extended Stay America on Clementine, because it is within walking distance, it offers free breakfast and parking, and because I got a rate of $75/night CA. My expectations are not high, but to be able to experience the 60th Anniversary fireworks with my daughter, and to experience classic Soarin' one more time, I can cope with anything short of a shootout in the parking lot.

Last edited:
We are taking our RV down for the first time so we are staying at Anaheim RV park, it will be a totally different trip but I'm hoping it will be fun :)

I'm surprised Candy Cane Inn isn't being represented more on this thread.

We're doing a split stay-3 nights at Hojos and then 3 nights at new Courtyard Marriott with the waterpark. We love Hojos (our kids are 8 and 11), and we thought it would be fun to try the slides and everything at the new Courtyard, too.

When we stay at Hojos, we get one of the rooms that face DL, so we can watch the monorail and see the Matterhorn and the fireworks. It always feels magical to us, even though it's not on property.

My next trip is several years away (I just got back 10 days ago). I stayed at Desert Inn & Suites because of it's location and price.

We are doing our first two nights at Hotel Indigo and the following two at HI Anaheim Resort Area. We are splitting our stay because we are staying on points and Hotel Indigo didn't have the other two days available for reward stays .

We are staying at HOJO. There's going to be a bit more downtime on this trip than past trips and we figured the kids (who are still younger) would enjoy the water park.

Thought this would be a fun thread -- Hear where everyone is staying and why they picked the place they did (lots of great choices). I thought this thread could also be helpful to people who are trying to figure out where to stay -- a common question on this forum too.

Anyway, on our upcoming trip for three adults (me, my son who is 20, and my sister-in-law) I picked the Camelot Inn and Suites. Went with a family suite that gives us three real beds, so none of us need to sleep together or sleep on pull out or bunk bed - We have a King, and two queens. There is a pull out bed too, but we'll only use that as a sitting area. I liked it that it was walking distance to the parks and that it had a McDonald's right next door. Thought it sounded neat too that you can see fireworks from the pool and the mini kitchenette is a plus also. I'm picky on beds and read lots of reviews on Trip Advisor about beds being comfortable. It doesn't have breakfast included, but unless it's Embassy Suites, I really don't care for those hotel breakfasts and would rather just get an Egg Mcmuffin next door at McDonalds anyway and no breakfast means I don't feel like I'm being wasteful when I do that. // It's just a basic place, but that will work fine for us. Budget, walking distance, beds for everyone are winning over other factors for me. I had three good choices that met my major criteria, but ended up picking this one based on DS's preference looking at pictures on hotel websites (let him pick which one of the three I narrowed it down to).
We recently stayed at Camelot. I was surprised how much I liked it. They have a decent pool area.

Warning-that McDonald's gets packed. Leave a good half hour for ordering & getting food.

I think I'm booked here & at new Homewood suites. Recently stayed at a hs & it was AWESOME. But the possible walk with stroller is turning me off.

Not sure when we will make it back to Disneyland, but we have stayed at the Park Vue Inn and Best Western Plus Park Place Inn. We thought both were great and I would return to either one. PVI won overall (better pool area, better breakfast, MUCH better Wifi) but BWPPI was significantly cheaper (king room with AAA rate - $116/nt). I would probably choose PVI depending on room rate whenever we return.

We love being at the Disneyland crosswalk; I could never stay anywhere else because I'm spoiled by it.

Disneyland hotels are too expensive for us and no benefits like Magical Express like at WDW. They would need to add more benefits for us to stay on-site (we always stay on-site at WDW). The early hour isn't enough benefit IMO.

I'm staying at the Tropicana in June. 3 reasons:

1) The Disney hotels are too expensive for the little amount of time I would spend in them; in the parks 14-16 hours each day;
2) It is close, directly across Harbor from the esplanade;
3) They offer a military discount. Check their website.

Park Vue Inn. Going with my two daughters (21 & 19) and cousin (19) so I wanted three beds. PVI has free breakfast and parking which is important considering we will have a rental car and coming from Michigan. The free breakfast will save us some money.

We have stayed at HOJO, and we really liked it. It was clean, beds were fantastic, having indoor hallways and an elevator were nice. We had stayed there because of points. I didn't make it a priority stay this upcoming trip because the walk back was just a little bit more than I wanted at the end of the day.

This trip in October we have the Tropicana booked. We chose it because of the proximity to the entrance. We have a child, so the mid day breaks back to the room will be quick and easy. I know it can go for a better rate, but we got it at 149 a night, and I was satisfied with that. Our flight tickets were 134 dollars cheaper for each person than the last time we went so that gave the budget some extra room.

Breakfast is not a deal breaker for us...a simple microwave oatmeal brought from home is satisfactory. We would rather get there early for rope drop!

I love this thread!

I'm staying at the Tropicana in June. 3 reasons:

1) The Disney hotels are too expensive for the little amount of time I would spend in them; in the parks 14-16 hours each day;
2) It is close, directly across Harbor from the esplanade;
3) They offer a military discount. Check their website.
Park Vue also offers a military discount.

We'll be staying at the Villas at the Grand Californian July 3 - 8. We are Disney Vacation Club owners at Disney World and were lucky enough to score a 2 bedroom unit at exactly 7 months out. The week before we will be staying at the Marriott Newport Coast Villas, because we are also Marriott Vacation Club owners.

GCH....because it's the GRAND CALIFORNIAN!! proximity can't be beat (yes, even down some of those long hallways....still NOT THAT far!)
If not the GCH then we go with Candy Cane Inn.....great customer service, clean, good breakfast, close to walk and free shuttle if you don't walk!

Our next trip will be for 2 adults in our 30s and 3 children aged 2-6. We chose Hojo because it's the best quality and location for the price. We like a few other hotels in the area, but they are either a longer walk to the parks or not in our current price range. Hojo has comfortable beds, plenty of room for our family of 5, and the kids love the water play area on warm days. Oh, and all of the staff at the hotel are amazing.

We're headed over towards the end of next month. My parents are DVC members, so we'll be staying at GCV.

Since I'm getting an AP, I will probably go at some point in the first half of 2017 with a friend. My budget is about $100-$120 per night, so we will stay at whichever is the nicest hotel that falls within the budget.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter