• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where are you staying and why?

Staying at BC this year, because I got a UOC via mail and chose BC using process of elimination. Even with only higher end views available, the rate at BC was a really good deal, plus some family members needed to be in the Epcot area for a conference during our time there (early December). We waffled for a bit between BWI and BC, but when the rooms at BWI sold out, I booked as much as I could at BC. The funny thing is...we (extended family, mind you) weren't going to WDW this year! :teeth: Between the conference and my UOC, we regarded it as a sign and chose to go in December vs our usual timeframe of October for F&W. We'll miss out on the food at Epcot, but will be at WDW during Christmas and are getting hoppers so that we can stroll over to Epcot most nights for dinner. Winning! :tongue:

In past years:

Chose POR last year because the extended family wanted to try a moderate, budgets were tighter, discounts at deluxe were awful compared to past years, and the rate for RR's at POR were good value. Loved it there, and would go back any time!

Chose Poly the year before, even during construction, because the October discount was amazing and there were plenty of rooms (because of the construction). We weren't interested in the pool that year, just wanted large rooms on the monorail and close to TCC. We stayed on the GF side of Poly, so had little impact from the construction, loved our room, and loved our vacation. I would stay there again, but have stayed twice and want to experience other resorts.

The year before *that*, I stayed with some family at YC because of a great discount. Others stayed at Swolphin (and saw our room at YC and the next year signed up for onsite stays). Loved YC, loved SAB, loved being so close to Epcot and the Studios. Definitely hope to go back one day, once they've updated the rooms.

A few years before that, split stay between Poly and BCV over Christmas. Had a baby and wasn't going to rely only on buses during the holidays with a stroller, etc. Loved both places, which is why I've been back to Poly and to the YC/BC complex (and am going back this year!).

A few years before that, stayed at CBR. Really enjoyed it, and am considering going back with my kids (who last went during the YC trip) next summer. Most of my trips have been with adult family members during 'off' season, but I promised the kids we could go next summer (they went off season in early elementary school, but we can't miss school now that they're older). If we can get free dining, will do CBR or POR if possible. But I'm also looking at various deluxe DVC studios...but my extended family says they want to go too, so who knows where we'll be! Always fun figuring these details out pixiedust: .

We are staying at YC in November. We have stayed at AKL CL the past 3 years (December) and were planning to skip this year. We did not book a bounce back during our last trip. My DH decided in June that we should go again but wanted a different resort. We were sent a PIN for the same percent discount as BB, and YC was the only resort left with CL availability. Had to move to November due to DD school schedule. Very excited to try something new!

For all those couples without kiddos.. Boardwalk 2289 is the best room we have ever had. It's about 5 steps from Belle Vue Lounge (the absolute closest room) and we met so many friends just hanging out in the area. I told hubs- before we have kids, I don't want to stay anywhere else!

Akl deluxe studio 8 days in November. 2 rooms one for my family and one for the in laws. It's our home resort with probably the best balcony views.

Staying at BC this year, because I got a UOC via mail and chose BC using process of elimination. Even with only higher end views available, the rate at BC was a really good deal, plus some family members needed to be in the Epcot area for a conference during our time there (early December). We waffled for a bit between BWI and BC, but when the rooms at BWI sold out, I booked as much as I could at BC. The funny thing is...we (extended family, mind you) weren't going to WDW this year! :teeth: Between the conference and my UOC, we regarded it as a sign and chose to go in December vs our usual timeframe of October for F&W. We'll miss out on the food at Epcot, but will be at WDW during Christmas and are getting hoppers so that we can stroll over to Epcot most nights for dinner. Winning! :tongue:
Just some advice: ask for rooms close to the elevators. We once had a room that gave us a 3-5 minute walk from the room to elevator and back again. Not exactly handy...

We're celebrating my son's 5th birthday and had reservations at POFQ, but since getting the letter about refurbs to the food court, we switched to AllStarMo. It works out better since it is the Disney bubble and visually kid friendly. Plus, with the money we saved by switching we were able to purchase 3 roundtrip plane tickets.

I'm staying at AKL Jambo standard studio in January using rented DVC points. I chose AKL because I'm not doing Animal Kingdom on this trip and figured I could still see some animals if I stayed at AKL. Plus, it'll be my first solo trip and from what I hear, AKL has a more laid-back vibe than some of the other resorts, which is what I'm going for on this trip.

In the past:

January, 2016: My parents and I stayed at Pop for a quick long weekend trip. We picked it for budget reasons, but ended up loving it.

May, 2016: My brother, sis-in-law, and a friend stayed in a Lion King suite at AoA. We picked this one for the extra room and because I happened to catch it as part of a sale. It was the perfect size for four adults who didn't want to be tripping over each other in a standard room for four days.

DW and I will be staying at the Boardwalk Villas in a studio. I was able to rent points and it is only $67 more than it would have been if we stayed at POFQ as we originally planned ! Can't think of a better reason to stay here !!!

We stayed in a Royal Room at POR in 2015 because we love POR, our daughter loves princesses, and we wanted to make her first trip special.

This year, we stayed at Pop. We wanted to try a new resort for us, and wanted to choose a value to make a longer trip possible. We also heard good things about Pop.

POFQ in September, because I'm in Orlando for a work conference and that is the nicest place I could get with my travel allowance haha

We are staying at CBR Nov 26th-Dec 4th. I am the planner of the family and went back and forth between here, AOA, AK and a Monorail resort but finally settled here. For us the thing that sealed it was that they seemed to have something for everyone. They had beautiful grounds and plant life for me and the husband and the pool was a kid's dream. They had the pull down bed so we didn't need a suite and we could have the free dining with DDP without having to pay the upgrade.

Contemporary TPV...because ever since I first googled Disney World and saw the monorail going through the resort I have wanted to stay there! This will be our third trip but our first staying in my dream resort:)

We are using our DVC guaranteed week the week of Thanksgiving for the first time at Grand Floridian! Very excited to be back at WDW around the holidays! We also own AKV and will be staying there for 10 days next June in a 1 bdrm CL!

You should keep checking back, I couldn't get CR garden wing with free dining but one day I found an open room and then my DH and DD said no we want YC :)

AKL is really amazing though if you don't get to stay at BC, that and CR were the two resorts that I debated about staying at again.

Hi! I wanted to ask, did you find the CR garden wing with FD through the public offer?? or was that part of the Bounce Back offer?? I have a BOunce Back booked at Beach Club, but my kiddos are begging for the CR! I called yesterday and the CR only had club level available with FD.

We are staying at the Poly in 10 days! This trip is the first time our DS will be going to WDW! I originally wanted GF and husband wanted Contemporary, but we decided Poly was best for us after comparing the 3! And I have always wanted to stay at a monorail resort!

Next trip for us staying at Boardwalk Inn. Have stayed here before and just love the Entertainment and just Boardwalk's in general. It's a great place to hang out after a day at the Parks or just when the Parks have closed.

We're staying at AsMu this December. I'm a bit disappointed because the trip specifics were planned without my input so I never got a say in resort choice. Well I guess I'm only disappointed because I've already stayed at AsMu before and given how rare WDW trips are for me, I would have preferred a Value Resort I have yet to experience.

We are staying at shades of green. We typically stay at Pop Century because we spend so little time in the room and we'd rather stay longer by staying cheaper. This year shades is far cheaper than pop and has bigger rooms & beds. I flip flop on being excited about the change and worried about it. I love pop.....

We love Riverside and French Quarter but we are staying at Shades of Green in 2017. The savings is significant and we are excited to try something new! Disney pricing, even with a special offer code, is unbelievably high for spring 2017.

We are staying at the Poly in June. It is my DD's high school graduation and we let her choose!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter