where are the deals??? is disney just downright more expensive this year???

jenniel73

Earning My Ears
i was looking at my files from last year and we were able to book a kids eat, stay and play free deal in late May for early july and the price is almost a $1000 dollars cheaper??? where are the deals?????

It is definitely more expensive! We are going for 7 nights next week - it is the first time I've paid rack rate in ages. No discount on room - no PIN - no AAA. We could have upgraded to Deluxe but it would cost more and frankly, it wasn't worth it to us. I did print out a couple 25% off coupons for counter service meals so we'll eat lunch early and save a little there for a couple of days if that works for us...

We had free dining last year and again this year. Last time we stayed at CBR and this time at POP and it is still higher than last year!!!!:eek:

and indeed it's more expensive now.

I will say I didn't expect this to last with Disney. The last two years had many more deals then before and better deals most of the time. That bubble had to burst and end. Just feel grateful you had a chance in the last two years to go with a better deal. I think Disney has reviewed their performance very carefully from the good deal days and it's probably not as good for them as they thought it would be. I think part of it is due to Disney feeling you would buy more at the parks like souvenirs and such and their bottom line would look ok. I don't think it happened; so, they are pulling the plug in this sense of upfront deals.

I'm probably going to stay off site on future trips, anyway. I want pet friendly now and Universal resorts offer it. I don't want my dog kenneled anywhere overnight. I have heard some bad about the new kennels at Disney World; so, it's making it very hard for me to consider a Disney resort anymore. Also, the cost at the kennel is a bit much for my blood.

Well they gotta pay for the Fantasy Land expansion somehow:lmao:

Seriously-I agree, the deals really aren't very good. With airfare going up to boot-I think a lot of people who went yearly are now gonna be every other year visitors. It looks like we will:sad1:

We are going this year for my 40th Birthdayprincess:If it were not for a really good refund coming our way we could not afford it. I really doubt we will be making yearly trips anymore if there are not deep discounts involved. I love Disney, but I have to be realistic. Maybe if this situation happens with more Disney Patrons, the deals will magically :wizard:Re-Appear!

With airfare going up, gas prices going up, and the economy in the state it is in, I dare say they will see a huge drop in attendance if they don't offer some better deals.

It is definitely more expensive! We are going for 7 nights next week - it is the first time I've paid rack rate in ages. No discount on room - no PIN - no AAA. We could have upgraded to Deluxe but it would cost more and frankly, it wasn't worth it to us. I did print out a couple 25% off coupons for counter service meals so we'll eat lunch early and save a little there for a couple of days if that works for us...

What is the 25% off for counter service meals? :confused3

Would love to know about it! I will take anything you I can get.

What is the 25% off for counter service meals? :confused3

Would love to know about it! I will take anything you I can get.

The voucher discount is only for April 17 to 23. Also, it has restricted hours of use and it's not every QS dining location. You use it before 11:30 am or between 3 to 4:30 pm. These are slower times for QS.

If you are going at this time and want to do it mousesavers has a link for the voucher.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter