When you do online checkin what happens at resort?

phabric

DIS Veteran
I have never done, online checkin before. Can anybody explain to me what happens once you get to the resort? Our flight doesn't arrive until 8PM and we probablly won't get to the resort until after 9PM.

Do they have your room already assigned?

Do you get a better room if you go to the reservation desk?

In my one experience arriving late, doing Advance Check In didn't help me at all. The resort (ASMu) had oversold the preferred rooms, which is what I had booked. However, they didn't have one for me. So I had to wait while they figured out where to put us, and got the room keys and everything ready anyway.

When I have arrived during the day, Advance Check In worked wonderfully. The packet was all ready to go, they just checked my ID and we were all set.

I have never done, online checkin before. Can anybody explain to me what happens once you get to the resort? Our flight doesn't arrive until 8PM and we probablly won't get to the resort until after 9PM.

Do they have your room already assigned?

Do you get a better room if you go to the reservation desk?

Rooms are assigned and you are not supposed to change if you use online checkin. I prefer just checking in when I get there. A lot of times there is a line at the online check in desk too. I feel I have a little more control with waiting to check in when I get there.

We arrived late last year (checked in just after 8 pm, so slightly earlier than the OP) but I found it was great arriving at that time. We didn't do online check in as I had forgotten about it and then just never got around to it the before we left. There was NOBODY in the check in area. We walked right up to the desk, handed over our documents, recieved a warm welcome, were given our keys and it was all done and dusted with us on our way to our room in less than 5 minutes. I don't think it would have been a disadvantage in any way to check in online, but certainly not necessary in my opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter