• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When would you go?

Groomer Gal

Mouseketeer
Help us pick our next WDW trip dates!

October 17-26th ( we would love to go to MNSSHP but am afraid of F&W crowds?)

November 14-23rd

December 5-14th (afraid of being there during the Christmas parade taping?)

Our first choice is October. But we do LOVE being there at Christmas time too! We LOVED the Christmas party and all the decorations.

WWYD? thanks!!

Have you done the Halloween party? If not I say go for it! Yes, there will be F&W crowds, but the bulk of them will be locals congregating in Epcot on Friday/Saturday nights.

We haven't done the Halloween party....which is why we liked October so much. Our twins will be 9 this summer so they aren't "too cool" for it and would have a blast!
Is it still super hot in October?

Groomer Gal said:
We haven't done the Halloween party....which is why we liked October so much. Our twins will be 9 this summer so they aren't "too cool" for it and would have a blast!
Is it still super hot in October?

It can still be hot, but I'd choose October too, in large part due to MNSSHP.

Groomer Gal said:
Help us pick our next WDW trip dates!

October 17-26th ( we would love to go to MNSSHP but am afraid of F&W crowds?)

November 14-23rd

December 5-14th (afraid of being there during the Christmas parade taping?)

Our first choice is October. But we do LOVE being there at Christmas time too! We LOVED the Christmas party and all the decorations.

WWYD? thanks!!

Well we've done the Halloween party twice and We just love it! If you haven't done it I would highly recommend it even with the food and wine crowds.

Ooooooctober! We love MNSSH and Food and Wine. Agree with other post, avoid FW on weekends and it will be better. Also the longer FW goes on it "seems" to me the crowds get lighter. The Halloween party is amazing, imho best fireworks and parade!!!

I would chose December 5-14. We have been at that same time and had a blast. Crowds are not bad at this time and if you are worried about parade taping just don't go to MK the day of taping. It worked for us.

I went this year the weekend before Halloween fo MNSSHP and it was great..good weather and not that crowded and we loved MNSSHP. Food and wine didn't affect us crowd wise. If you want to experience food and wine I suggest you go during the afternoon when WS opens as it gets more crowded in the evening.

I used to always go the week after Thanksgiving and loved WDW with all the holiday decorations. Crowds weren't bad and we got to enjoy the spirit of the holiday season. From what I hear the first week or so of december isn't bad at all..

This was y first year for MNSSHP and we loved it. My son is 6 and he had a great time. If you've never been, I say go. We went 2 nights to the party and loved it. Plus F&W was fun...my husband had a great time eating and drinking his way thru WS. Plus if they keep it the same, if you're on the dining plan you can use your snack credits for F&W.

I would go in December! We have gone that weekend most years for the past 10 years! Stay clear of the MK that Saturday and you should be all set. We went this past Dec and were thrilled with the crowd levels and how much we accomplished. I've been in Oct a few times but for me there's nothing better than Disney around Christmas. The Osborne and Castle lights are just fabulous! Have fun planning!!

If you haven't done MNSSHP, then I vote for October. It can be hot (2 years ago) or it can be bone-chilling cold (this year). The comments about locals and F&W are spot-on. Avoid EPCOT on Fri-Sun nights and the crowds are manageable to good.

My next choice would be December. Crowds should be lighter than your October dates. I have not done MVMCP so I can't compare the two parties. But Disney does every holiday big and the Christmas lights and decorations and the Osborne Lights are fabulous.

Pop Warner is the second week of December this year so, no possibility of any kind of special offers there.

I say if you haven't been there for Halloween, do that!!!

October hands down. Those holiday crowds can be overwhelming

Dec 5 - 14 would be well before the worst of the holiday crowds.

Pop Warner is the second week of December this year so, no possibility of any kind of special offers there.

I think with free dining offers that as long as your arrival day falls during the offer period that you can get it for the entire stay. Unfortunately though, I don't think that's the case with room discounts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter