When will Spectral Magic Return?

Cfabar1

DIS Veteran
When will Spectral Magic or some other sort of night time parade return? Even if just on special nights? Right now at WDW it is just the water pageant... They really need to step it up!

There have been no announcements of any nighttime parades returning to MK. They have been gone for many years now. Not holding my breath as to when they might return.

I'm wondering if any of it has to do with the popularity of the fireworks? I know the entire hub, including streets was standing room only an hour before the fireworks began. Not really sure where they would put everyone if they tried to squeeze in a nighttime parade too. I know they did in the past but wondering if the fireworks were as popular then or, if as many people were in the park? Honestly not really sure.

I know that this will not be popular because I know that a lot of people liked Spectromagic, but I did not. It always seemed like an elaborate funeral procession complete with white faced zombies and weird music vibe to the whole parade. The Main Street Electrical Parade with the upbeat baroque style musical accompaniment was far more fun to watch in my opinion. That said, I'm afraid the WDW is no longer the place it was a couple decades ago. Somethings improved, but a whole lot that made Magic Kingdom what it was is gone now.

I'm sure that a lot of what is liked is whatever parade we saw first. I have never been a fan of parades of any type, however, MSEP was something that I enjoyed and could never figure out what the message was with Spectromagic.

When will Spectral Magic or some other sort of night time parade return? Even if just on special nights? Right now at WDW it is just the water pageant... They really need to step it up!

SpectroMagic has been gone since 2010. Those floats are long gone, it’s never coming back. The Main Street Electrical parade last ran @ WDW from 2010 to 2016. With 8 years of no night parade, I really don’t think they’re planning to Step It Up anytime soon.

We rarely watch fireworks & when we do, it’s never from Main St or the hub. The crowd stories I hear about those areas makes me think a nighttime parade would only add to the chaos, which some say is already scary. Plus, those that want to see a nighttime parade might be more likely to buy tickets for the holiday parties if that’s the only place they can see one.

Last edited:
MSEP still exists so it's possible they could bring it back over from DLR - not saying that they will, but it is the most likely candidate. It was recently retooled a little bit too, so it would be slightly new. I also believe they could bring Paint the Night out of mothballs. - that has never run at WDW, but there were rumors before that it might. SpectroMagic is long gone though.

Spectro got destroyed due to bad storage

Every few months there is speculation of msep or a modified version of paint the night (Mack and a few other units can’t clear the turn from liberty square to mainstreet) coming to wdw but it’s just talk

A new nighttime parade is in development. That is all that can be said for now.

I hope this is true! I LOVED the MSEP and I know that I am in the minority, but I dislike the projection on the castle. I don't even watch the fireworks in the park. I'm not excited for the drone show in DS either.

So we were told! Personally, I think they wanted to end it because it was to expensive to operate and thought that it would be better to say it accidentally was destroyed than to say it was deliberately destroyed.
Sounds about right.... They cut so many perfectly fine things in the 90s (Figment, 20,000 leagues, etc.) just to save money....

Now they just seem to cut everything... No more AK nighttime show, No more tapestry of nations, no more seminars during F&W, No more street atmosphere performers at MGM Studios, etc. WDW is not about the rides.... They have forgotten this... and their rides aren't good enough to appeal to the ride enthusiasts either... Very sad... someone should write a letter!

Also the allegedly "all inclusive" dining plan should include tips! What's the point of a prepaid dining plan if you're still getting our your wallet after every meal?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter