When using Best Rate and Booked Standard Will there be a charge to rebook Best Rate?

Bella2000

DIS Veteran
Something from Lollipop Mom's thread made me wonder. Those who were directed to the standard rate while in the AP Best Rate section booked rack rates "assuming" their rates will go down. So we now understand that this is not how it works - will Disney acknowledge this occured and let people rebook without penalty. Will they inform those people of this info. I am thinking of all of the people who went ahead and booked rack on faith it would get them in the queue. Now the rack rates were probably standard booking and those people will not be adjusted. Is this correct?

This already happened to me. I thought I was booking rack rate that would be adjusted if more best rate dates became available.Instead, I was just booking rack rate period. I emailed Disney and was told that the rate would not be adjusted if best rate rooms opened up. I was able to phone CRO and cancel the rack rate room that I thought I had best rate/wait list booked online...and my credit card has already shown the refund.

I booked a room that was rack rate. The rates came down, and I called. The code for Best rate is attached to my name. I will get the best rate when I check in. Never had that problem. Wow, I hope it gets worked out!

Chris

cobbler said:
Read this link:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=845844

Posts number 7, 10, 13 and 14. It is an exchange between myself and lollipop mom on what happens if I book a room at rack rate. Basically saying if you do that, you have just a basic pacakge and are not under the best rate program.

Hope it helps.
thanks for your link. This just happened to a family member. Just curious - does the AP website mention that if a best rate is not available you will be sent to the regular booking screen and are no longer in best rate section.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter