When to make park reservations for mid-Sept?

jules3434

Earning My Ears
We're going Sept 14-19 (so before the 50th-anniversary festivities begin) but weren't sure when to make park reservations?

Do you think that buying tickets and making the reservations in June or July would be too late?

Its hard to tell how busy September will be. A lot of people are waiting for October to be there for the 50th.
However, I think many others are trying to avoid that time.
If you know when you will be there, I would get your tickets early, get your park reservations early so you have them. You can always change them later, if needed.

We booked our package with tickets back in 2020. I booked my park days right away because at the time the capacity was only 25%. We wanted to make sure we were able to get the parks we wanted for the days we wanted.

Capacity has increased ( to around 35% ), but it's still pretty limited. My personal thoughts are, as it gets closer to summer and people decide they want to travel parks will be filling up. We also have to keep in mind that international travelers haven't been able to travel and I think we will see a flood gate open once they get the green light. That could play a factor in September travel.

It's all speculative but things to keep in mind.

Seeing what people are experiencing right now I’d book ASAP. It can’t hurt and you can hopefully make changes but at least you’ll have something secured.

We have an Aug trip booked and this month’s experiences has me getting ready to book our parks this week.

Ill be there Sept 7th - 19th. I have already booked my days in the park. I would do it as soon as possible. So there is no chance of being closed out.

Adam

I am renting points with DVC and the person I am renting from is still trying to nail down one more day so I am hesitant to get tix yet for Sept in case we have to move the trip and I was checking reservations and looked at all the months and it looks like available parks seem to dwindle at 2 months out currently. I am discussing with my husband today about how long to wait for the elusive Sept 24 at AKL! (Anybody planning to cancel DVC that day let me know! 😂)

We want to buy 5 day tickets for mid-November. Are we still only able to make park reservations for 3 days? I'm worried we will get down there and not get reservations for the last 2 days.

Our trip is 9/10-9/18 and we booked our dates as soon as we set the reservation. If you can, I wouldn't wait. As more people get vaccinated, it's likely that there could be a larger number of people traveling.

Oh my.

I'm thinking of a late Sept trip almost the same as yours jules3434 - 14 to 21. This conversation really gets me thinking about crowds. And if I should even go...

As soon as your plans are firm, I'd make the reservations. Hearing about the sold out days this March, I already made my ticket reservations for my March 2022 trip. September is typically a quieter month, but why take any chances.

As soon as your plans are firm, I'd make the reservations. Hearing about the sold out days this March, I already made my ticket reservations for my March 2022 trip. September is typically a quieter month, but why take any chances.

I made mine for July 2022 already. I can always try to change them around if I need to, but this way I have them and know that I have a park for each of my park days.

Its hard to tell how busy September will be. A lot of people are waiting for October to be there for the 50th.
However, I think many others are trying to avoid that time.
If you know when you will be there, I would get your tickets early, get your park reservations early so you have them. You can always change them later, if needed.

We travel the third week of September every year due to a fall break our kids have. I’ve never seen September as booked up (DVC availability) as I have this year. Probably a combination of pent up demand, a time close to the 50th, and COVID rebookings.

We travel the third week of September every year due to a fall break our kids have. I’ve never seen September as booked up (DVC availability) as I have this year.

I didn't realize there were any school breaks in late September- do you mind if I ask exactly what dates this covers? We just booked Sept. 23-27, and I'm increasingly concerned about wait times, especially in the absence of FP+ (and September heat, which will be a new experience for us!).

Thank you!

I didn't realize there were any school breaks in late September- do you mind if I ask exactly what dates this covers? We just booked Sept. 23-27, and I'm increasingly concerned about wait times, especially in the absence of FP+ (and September heat, which will be a new experience for us!).

Thank you!

There are very few. Just our district that we know of. That's why its our favorite week to travel! It's usually dead dead dead there late September. It's the third full week of September every year. So this year its 20th-24th. We are booked the 18th-26th.

So you don't have to worry about a mad school rush making that week crowded. But I think this year it will be crowded no matter what.

Some Atlanta area districts are off around then. Ours is and we will be there, too!
I think more districts are off the following week and some try work around Columbus Day.

There are very few. Just our district that we know of. That's why its our favorite week to travel! It's usually dead dead dead there late September. It's the third full week of September every year. So this year its 20th-24th. We are booked the 18th-26th.

Some Atlanta area districts are off around then. Ours is and we will be there, too!

Many thanks for this info, really good to know. We'd like to go this fall and have some flexibility (given the past year, etc. we're okay with pulling the kids from school for a few days). We landed on these dates for a couple of reasons 1) we don't want to go too soon after school starts (Sept. 1); and 2) current rack rates for Oct 1 onward are nuts, I'm assuming because of the 50th (along with pent-up demand, etc). We also snagged the 2 extra days of park tix deal right before it ends.

Anyway, I think we'll likely stick with these dates and hope for the best :-).

Thanks again!

We want to buy 5 day tickets for mid-November. Are we still only able to make park reservations for 3 days? I'm worried we will get down there and not get reservations for the last 2 days.

The 3-day limit is for AP holders. If you have a 5-day ticket, you'll be able to book for all 5 days up front.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter