• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When to Go?

planningcrazymom

Mouseketeer
I am planning a trip for my cousin and I, both in our 60's, can't decide when to go. Nov. 2016 or Jan. 2017. I have been in Nov. But never in Jan. How much different is the weather? Temps., Does it get cold in Jan.? My cousin has never been and I want her to have a fantastic time. Thanks in advance for any help you an give.

From my limited experience visiting WDW in January (I've done it three years in a row for runDisney races in January) it can be hot and humid. I just returned yesterday from a 10-day trip to WDW and Cruise and the first several days at WDW before my cruise it was hot and humid but after my cruise the weather was a pleasant. Personally I would be more concerned about the crowd levels instead of the weather. The crowd levels are typically larger from November (Thanksgiving time) through New Years so I like the idea of going in January. Have fun planning your trip.

We, a senior couple, have been down in January twice. Both times we experienced periods of cool weather, with a couple of mornings in the 30's. The monthly average hi/lo for January is 71F/47F. For November it is 79F/57F. Average precipitation for the two months is about the same. Of course this November has been unusually warm. And, as other threads have recently noted, forecasts for Florida are notoriously unreliable which means that it it can be very variable. For a winter trip we always pack one outfit for each extreme.

If one of the things that would make a trip to Florida fantastic is escaping winter then January would be a good time to go.

Have fun planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter