• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When to get DAS

RedWhiteandBlugold

Mouseketeer
Does the DAS work for the whole trip or do I need to get a new DAS for my son every morning or at each different park for our trip? If we need a new one everyday how does that work if we have an ADR for before the parks open? Do we need to go back to the entrance after our ADR to get it, or will it be open to get one before an 8am ADR? Thanks!

it works at all 4 parks ( not the water parks ) and it last for 60 days so unless you are going to be there for 61 days you should be fine for the whole time.

if you have an ADR on your first day you might be able to stop at GR before hand to get a DAS card depends on how many people are there and when your ADR is if it is 8 am and you are trying to go to a headliner ( like 7DMT ) after breakfast you may want to eat first do 7DMT then get your das but if you have an 8:30 and you do not care about getting a ride before park opening then you can maybe get a DAS card before park opening. ( I am almost sure GR inside the park is open for the morning PPO ( ADR extra and will be able to issues you a DAS card)

We either do Epcot or MK on the first day. If we're staying @ the Beach Club, we pick up the DAS at the rear entrance of Epcot at the "regular" kiosk. If we go to MK first, we head straight to Guest Relations and take care of it first thing after park opening. Lasts for the duration of our trip, and, tied in with our Fast Passes, we have little problems negotiating the parks. In fact, our last trip, we picked up the DAS @ Epcot, had our ADR @ MK the next day (first in line for Cinderella's Castle b/c more people went to the newer "Be Our Guest" breakfast), then waited only 10 minutes in line for Elsa and Anna after breakfast. Typically, we plan our ADR subsequent to getting the DAS, so I can't speak to personal experience with the last part. However, guest relations are only open during normal park operating hours, so you may have to go back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter