when to expect disney packet

glad to see this thread! we are T-12 till arrival and NOTHING! I mean nothing..no magical express...nothing! Of course I booked through a T/A which was a bad idea...Disney won't tell me anything..just call your T/A..which I did ..she said don't worry..it'll be here. But I am worried!!!!::scared1:

That is why I don't use travel agents.

Every year, I book our vacation online directly thru Disney & have always received our material timely & I have control of viewing my reservation & looking for any errors.
:santa::santa::santa:

We are 34 days out and impatiently awaiting our packet. We are driving so no ME paperwork, just the packet of stuff. I will post when i get it!

We're 37 days out, and we've got nothing either. I'm glad to see this thread because then I won't be having a coronary, wondering where the docs are! LOL

Good to know!

What exactly comes in the packet? I thought you got your tickets loaded into your room key and all that jazz? I booked mine on line and paid right away. We booked the rooms, tickets, and dining plan all at once and called Magical Express a couple days later once I booked our flights. What will we all get in the mail besides our ME tags? Coupons or a welcome pack or something?

I am also anxiously checking the mail box every single day. It is exactly 30 days away from the start of our vacation and I've paid off the entire balance a couple weeks ago. We're driving there, so no magical express packet for us. I did, however, receive the free customized Disney World map and it is wonderful! I thought it'll be a flimsy piece of paper map, but it turned out to be a thick and sturdy park map with incredible details. If it wasn't all folded up, I would consider framing it.

We're checking in on Nov. 28th, and I got mail from Disney today!! :woohoo:

But it was suspiciously small, not a nice thick packet. :confused3

So of course I opened it, and there was just one piece of paper, with a return envelope. It said that I owe, as of 10/14...nothing. Well, I knew that!! :confused: The envelope was addressed to the Payments Dept.

What a letdown. :rolleyes:

We're checking in on Nov. 28th, and I got mail from Disney today!! :woohoo:

But it was suspiciously small, not a nice thick packet. :confused3

So of course I opened it, and there was just one piece of paper, with a return envelope. It said that I owe, as of 10/14...nothing. Well, I knew that!! :confused: The envelope was addressed to the Payments Dept.

What a letdown. :rolleyes:

We check in on the same day! I got my ME tags, but not the big packet with all the documents and vouchers. I talked to a CM (for what that's worth) and they said it should be coming in a few days.

Meanwhile, ROFLMAO @ your signature about the apostrophe and s to make things plural. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I totally hate that too!

:rotfl: :rotfl2: :lmao: :worship:

What exactly comes in the packet? I thought you got your tickets loaded into your room key and all that jazz? I booked mine on line and paid right away. We booked the rooms, tickets, and dining plan all at once and called Magical Express a couple days later once I booked our flights. What will we all get in the mail besides our ME tags? Coupons or a welcome pack or something?

You get vouchers and confirmation. We usually show ours when we drive through the gate at the resort. Since a picture is worth thousand words, this was ours for the June trip. . .it looks like it was mailed May 14, 42 days before the trip was to begin.

20090526001.jpg

Luggage tags in this. . .

20090526002.jpg

20090526003.jpg

20090526004.jpg

We are 35 days out:cool1: and all I've gotten was the Magical Express packet. That came 2 days ago. Will let you know when the rest arrives.
Laurie

We are 31 days out and still no packet. We went in March of this year and I got all kinds of mail. I got a bill twice even though I had paid for the trip on-line when I booked it. We actually got 2 packets last trip, but only one had the actual vouchers so who knows...:confused3

i promise it's not rocket science.

DME is sent 6 weeks prior to check-in, that's 42 days.

most get it 38-40 days out

package mats are sent 5 weeks out, or 35 days.

so it stands to reason most get it 31-33 days out.

that's all assuming you didn't go through a TA

Well, yeah, I think we all know that it's not rocket science. Looks like we're all just commenting on how many days we have left, how excited we are, what's in the packet, etc. We all seem to understand the process. :confused3

Anyhow, as I've said, I'll post when we get our packet, be it day 31, 32, 33, or whatever. I think we're around day 36! :yay:

Not rocket science, but not etched in stone either. I just got my DME packet yesterday, 1 month, 1 week before travel....and that's when I have routinely gotten it, 5 weeks prior to departure. But, on the other hand, there have been a ton of reports of people not ever getting their DME packet, and of DME personel telling guests that they will get their packets two weeks out!
I have yet to get my resort package packet, but that stay doesn't start until Dec 6...so it may be awhile yet. Perhaps I'll start looking for it end of next week...that would be about right...at least based on my experience.

well again, if you go through a TA, those rules go out the window because it's up to the TA to forward it all.

we booked through AAA and in the fine print it says documents will be sent out 40 days prior to scheduled vacation. were at the 33 day mark and nothing yet.

Yes, this is the way it is SUPPOSED to work, but it doesn't always. There have been numerous reports of docs coming late or not at all. I have seen several people report that they didn't get theirs until they got to the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter