• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

when should we check in?

blemon

Mouseketeer
What's the best time to check in?

Now? We are about 2 weeks out. Should we wait?

I usually do the online check in as soon is I can, you can go back later and modify your online check in request.

Looks like we will be down at the Fort around the same time.

Sounds good, I'll be posting along with a few other over the July pretrip and trip report thread. I'll be sure to post which loop and site we end up with. Have a safe trip!

1) As soon after 6:05am as possible, even if the site is not ready.
. . . checking-in prior to 6:05am is considered the night prior by the computer
. . . you can easily get charged and extra day
2) If you don't like your site, it is early enough to have the CM change the site for you.
3) Regarding Resort rooms or campsite assignments:
. . . unless occupied, the Front Desk CM can usually change/exchange any room (within the same classification)
. . . if you do not like your room or location, typically it can be swapped with someone else's room
. . . yes, the other person, checking in later, gets the worse room, but you frequently get the one you like
. . . about the only exception is trying for a handicap room when one is requested by someone else
4) Not only does the Early Bird Get the Worm, they also get the Better Room/Site.

Now? We are about 2 weeks out. Should we wait?

We have done early check in a few times, but have seen 'no' difference in loop assignment. In fact, last time they had no record of it even though it showed online. Also, made little difference in 'time' required for check in - doesn't ever seem to be a long process for us anyway.

As Rusty said above, our best thing is to arrive early - that's what we always do, plus we have like an 'extra day' to be there!! :)

1) As soon after 6:05am as possible, even if the site is not ready.
. . . checking-in prior to 6:05am is considered the night prior by the computer
. . . you can easily get charged and extra day
2) If you don't like your site, it is early enough to have the CM change the site for you.
3) Regarding Resort rooms or campsite assignments:
. . . unless occupied, the Front Desk CM can usually change/exchange any room (within the same classification)
. . . if you do not like your room or location, typically it can be swapped with someone else's room
. . . yes, the other person, checking in later, gets the worse room, but you frequently get the one you like
. . . about the only exception is trying for a handicap room when one is requested by someone else
4) Not only does the Early Bird Get the Worm, they also get the Better Room/Site.
THIS is some good info! Thanks Rusty!

We always try to check-in early. I didn't realize about the 6:05 time though. That's good to know going forward.

We haven't done the online check-in. Not sure it would do much for us. The couple of times we checked in (early) at the campground, there was no real issue. Not sure if, at that hour, an online check-in would help much. Besides, we like getting out and stretching our legs a bit after the long drive.

We're hoping to be beside or at least near another family were traveling with. Should we put that on our online check in? We hope to arrive together but that may not happen. What are the odds they will be able to put us together (mid sept). We have the same type of site reserved (premium)

you should mark THEIR reservation number on Yours and that you request to be together. They should mark YOUR reservation number on theirs as well also that they wish to be near yours.

Still no guarantees, but the earlier you check-in, the better your chances.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter