When does Mission:Space open??

Disneyfun1

Walt Disney World Lover-DVC Owner Since 1/07
Last i heard was this year-2003. We are going again in sept, does anyone know if it will be open then??

Last I heard was late spring, which in Disney speak, usually translates into around early June. Anyway, lets hope they get all of the bugs out of it before they open it, so it is not delayed for almost a year like Test Track... boy that was a disappointment, and we didn't have these boards at our fingertips in 1998 to know prior to getting there.

Could be any time between June and November... really depends on how soon they can figure out how to either eliminate nausea, or how to clean the cabins quickly. The floors are rubber, which can be hosed off, but the rest of the cabins are filled with switches, knobs, lights, and other electrical gizmos that would be easily damaged by water. The display screens are LCD monitors, which can not be hosed off either.

Steve when I hear you talk like that I think this attraction is not for me. Too bad because it sounds fantastic...except for the nausea part.

we will be there beginning july 21st...i'm really keeping my fingers crossed for mission space to be open...i have been looking forward to this attraction ever since the "watch this space" barriers went up when construction began....

Does anyone know is this ride a simulation ride? I was wondering because when Safari Steve said they had to figure a way to eliminate nausua...? Simulation doesn't bother me, but my husband really has a hard time with it. This ride may not be for him.:(

It's basically a 4-person motion-base simulator on the end of a centrofuge. I've been told that it doesn't go upside down, but the centrifugal forces used to simulate extra G's of a rocket launch can cause motion sickness in many people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter