When does DCL charge the card posted to your account?

mouselike-harrier

DIS Veteran
I'm going on a 7 night cruise on the Fantasy. I'm trying to figure out when DCL puts an actual charge to your credit card. Is it still $500?

Not sure if its $400 or $500. Each time your account reaches that amount they will charge the credit card on file.

MJ

Also, as we found out on our last cruise, if you have excursions booked on CC, they will add those in the first day, even if CC is the last day. While we planned to put gift cards on our account before anything was charged to our credit card, the first day we were already over $500.00 and had a charge. They reversed it for us and took the gift cards, so it worked out, but just be warned. And in the end the excursions were cancelled so we got credited for those anyway.

Can you add two $500 gift cards to your account? also can you just add cash to your onboard account?

Can you add two $500 gift cards to your account? also can you just add cash to your onboard account?
Yes.

Just remember to hold onto those gift cards, on the chance you don't use all the credit, they will be applied back to the gift cards.

Also, as we found out on our last cruise, if you have excursions booked on CC, they will add those in the first day, even if CC is the last day. While we planned to put gift cards on our account before anything was charged to our credit card, the first day we were already over $500.00 and had a charge. They reversed it for us and took the gift cards, so it worked out, but just be warned. And in the end the excursions were cancelled so we got credited for those anyway.
I don't think it is just CC. I believe they change for all excursions for all ports on the first day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter