When do you think you will return to Disney World?

When will you go back to Disney World?

• This year, 2020

Votes: 46 32.2%
  • Next year, 2021

Votes: 62 43.4%
  • 2-4 years

Votes: 30 21.0%
  • 5-6 years

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Never, I'm done

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters
I so wanted to go back for the 50th anniversary celebration in late 2021. I long for the full experience there again which includes the park street performers, live show productions, fireworks, parades, character meet and greets and so forth. Yes, I even miss the buffet table service meals. I really don't want to experience Disney World behind a mask or having to worry how close someone else may be to me and my family, either.

Now, I'm just not hopeful that Disney will bring itself all back by 2021. I doubt they will invest much in the 50th anniversary celebration, either. I know I'm being stubborn about it all but unless Disney gets back to at least 80% of what it was before the virus I don't see going back again. It just doesn't make sense financially to go back just for rides; it's not enough for me. We live in the Midwest. There are plenty of amusement parks closer to home to do roller coasters and such. And it doesn't look like Disney is ready to give any deals to go there just for rides. I would personally need a significant drop in all prices (resorts, park tickets and eating costs) to go back just for rides. I know Disney is hurting right now; so, I doubt they will do that either.

Of course, I'm assuming some time in the future we will have the virus more under control; hopefully, we can even eliminate it. So, I haven't given up all hope of going back again but I'm now feeling it may take 3-5 years before we see Disney World resemble what it once was.

So, how do you feel? When will you go again? Will you go back just for rides?
We had a very special anniversary/birthday trip planned for this past June...Club Level at the Polynesian, First Class tickets with American Airlines, yada yada yada. It was upsetting to cancel, but we have underlying health conditions, and could not risk it. Then after we cancelled, Disney wasn't open anyway.

If we didn't have expensive airline tickets that we have to use by the end of 2021, I would take a break from WDW until everything went back to normal. I hate to lose all of that money, so we booked the Polynesian for July 2021. We still have to rebook our air and park tickets. I'm not excited by the modified experiences, especially because we would be spending a boatload of money. I'm willing to spend, but I want the full Disney experience. Besides, I cannot imagine wearing a mask in that Florida heat constantly unless we are in our room.

So, we are praying for a vaccine by spring 2021. If there isn't an effective vaccine, we will cancel and lose that money. We will not return until we are 100% safe and can get the wonderful experiences we are accustomed to having at WDW.

We are very fortunate that we could go to WDW 3-5X per year if we wanted to. However, I simply refuse to go under the current circumstances to have a subpar experience. I realize there are issues that are out of Disney control. But, the current reports of horrible busing transportation, huge lines, and lack of any special offers doesn't justify spending full price for a "non-Disney" experience. The lack of bus transportation is similar to classic Disney lowering ride occupancy (for refurbishment or intentionally due to decreased staffing). It's actually nice that people are calling it out even though I highly doubt it will change anything.

To me, Disney has always been as perfect as a place can be even with its many flaws and being expensive to borderline overpriced. This is a perfect opportunity to give guests a special experience given the "low" attendance but it just isn't happening.

We don't anticipate ever going back. Our last trip was in December. We've now cancelled our passes we were going to use. With Chapek at the helm it'll be run a lot more cheaply than with Iger, and he was bad enough. If virus rules ever get relaxed at theme parks (which we don't expect will ever happen, but on the off chance) we might consider Universal, which we also have liked. Still don't understand how they all have gone to so much bother to try to minimize crowds and increase distance but then still put in all the strict rules anyway. Seems like a copout

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter