• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When do you start packing a suitcase

low-key

14001, 60056, 224
before you leave on vacation, I usually start putting some stuff in about 24 hours before, I dont like to be running around the last second

If it's a big trip, right before bed the night before we leave. Usually takes me about 5 minutes. For a weekend, right before I start the car.

I am mentally packed months before I actually go so it's just a matter of throwing what I already know I want to take into the bag:rotfl:

For a big trip I start writing out a list a month or so before, but for actual packing usually a couple of days before the trip.

For the actual packing, I like to do it the afternoon before we leave. But depending on the trip I will mentally pack and make lists. I have a bin made already for our upcoming Disney trip. It makes the days leading up much less stressful and hectic.

I always pack the night before I leave for a trip. We don't have a spare bedroom to leave suitcases in so once they are down from the attic we are tripping over them.

But if there are things I know that I will need for a vacation that are unusual (not standard clothing type articles) I will either make a list or put them aside ahead of time.

The day or night before if I have been working then the night.

Honestly, I never completely unpack. But, for a trip, I start a week out with a two day "major pack" and a one day "final check" and a last day "final final check".

One week before a big trip, the suitcases come out. We leave them on the ground in our living room/dining room area and I toss things in throughout the week.

I usually pack the actual suitcases the day before, but I have been known to stick a laundry basket in the spare room a month ahead of a big trip - to collect items bought specifically for the trip or that I won't need at home before then.

Usually a day or two before the trip. I usually tell DH a week before we leave that if there's something he wants to bring on the trip then don't wear it between then and the day we leave.

I'm an early packer as well - I think partly because I pack not only my own personal stuff, but all the family stuff - sunscreen, ponchos, food, etc. All that stuff I'll start pulling together a week or two before the trip. I've already started buying a few things at the grocery store for our beach trip in July, so that's in a couple of reusable grocery bags. My own clothing and personal items I'll do the day before we leave. If we're leaving early in the morning, we like to pack the car the night before so we don't start the trip fighting about it!

I like to be mostly packed a week before we leave for Disney, a couple days before if I am going anywhere else. If I don't do it ahead of time, my family will be wearing things I want to pack the couple days before we go and I will need to do laundry--and I hatehatehate laundry when I am in a rush. If everything is ready to go, I have less stress. When I have less stress, everyone is happier.

It depends what time my flight is. Early morning flight, I will pack most things right before bed; flight later in the day, I pack that day. Some things stay packed, like my toiletries, makes life easier.

I hate packing. Once I lost weight and really had nothing. I put my bathroom items in the suitcase, when we got there I shopped for a few items. Oh, I hate shopping for clothes also.... :lmao:

I always have a Disney bag going, so I'm never not packing. As far a the real packing, the last few trips I have packed the weekend before because I knew I'd be working long hours or out of town the few days before the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter