• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When do the resorts decorate for Christmas?

augusta1

Mouseketeer
From what I understand all of the parks are decorated by the time of the first MVMCP.
What about the resorts?
Edited to add our dates are Nov 5-12

Last edited:
They start about 2 weeks before but aren't finished till the week leading up to Thanksgiving.

We were there last year during this time and none of the resorts were decorated but the parks were. We're planning on going back the same days this year. It's a great time to go!

The first Christmas party of the season is November 7, so I would think they would all be up by then.

Last year the Studios was decorated because of Osborne lights. Epcot still has food and Wine so they do the holiday thing later. We did do Minnie's Holiday dinner at Hollywood and Vine and it was decorated nice. The costumes on the characters were amazing.

Last year the Studios was decorated because of Osborne lights. Epcot still has food and Wine so they do the holiday thing later. We did do Minnie's Holiday dinner at Hollywood and Vine and it was decorated nice. The costumes on the characters were amazing.
Hopefully they find a new home for the lights!

The first Christmas party of the season is November 7, so I would think they would all be up by then.

Yes, parks will be decorated. The question is not about parks. It is about resorts.
Resorts will not be decorated the first week in November. They may have started on Gingerbread displays but the trees and other decorations will not be started until closer to the 15-20 or so. They take about a day to decorate each resort so they start accordingly to finish just before Thanksgiving.

From what I understand all of the parks are decorated by the time of the first MVMCP.
Just a direct response to that particular line...

No, they are not all decorated by the time of the first MVMCP.

We were there last year from the 11th-18th. Gingerbread display was up at Comtemporary. The gingerbread house was up at GF, but not "open for business", and Epcot resorts were being decorated as we were leaving. Poly was not decorated yet.

MK was decorated. AK was as well. HS was, but they moved fast b/c of demand for Osbourne Lights, EPCOT was going up on the 17th, they do not put anything up there until Food and Wine is done.

We were there last year from the 11th-18th. Gingerbread display was up at Comtemporary. The gingerbread house was up at GF, but not "open for business", and Epcot resorts were being decorated as we were leaving. Poly was not decorated yet.

MK was decorated. AK was as well. HS was, but they moved fast b/c of demand for Osbourne Lights, EPCOT was going up on the 17th, they do not put anything up there until Food and Wine is done.

Good to hear! I'm hoping to see some of the resort decorations and we will be there about the same time this year 11/13-19.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter