• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When can I expect our luggage tags and do they ship the Magic bands to Canada?

Blanche_Neige

DIS Veteran
I haven't been to WDW in a few years and cannot seem to remember how far in advance we received the luggage tags. :confused3

Can someone walk me through the Magic bands, when we get them? I also noticed you can now do online check in for the resorts :surfweb:

Seems like many things have changed since the last time I was there in 2011

One more thing... Is it true that there is now free wifi in the parks? what about the resorts? is it good?? I was hoping we could use our iPhone to communicate with iMessage between each other.

No idea about luggage tags... but they don't ship Magic Bands to Canada. You will pick them up when you check in.

I haven't been to WDW in a few years and cannot seem to remember how far in advance we received the luggage tags. :confused3
They will come about 3 - 4 weeks before you leave.
Can someone walk me through the Magic bands, when we get them? I also noticed you can now do online check in for the resorts :surfweb:
Make sure you customize them on-line and the bands will be waiting at check-in. Poor things can't get passports :rotfl2:
On-line check-in is great! I was able to select which building and floor we wanted AND told them what time we would be arriving (7 a.m.) and we got the perfect room (did have to wait for it to be ready)

Seems like many things have changed since the last time I was there in 2011

One more thing... Is it true that there is now free wifi in the parks? what about the resorts? is it good?? I was hoping we could use our iPhone to communicate with iMessage between each other.
Yes there is WiFi everywhere now! We had no problem accessing from both our bed (poor hubby needed to stay in touch with work) and the food court. Can't speak much for in the parks since he has a Blackberry and it supports NOTHING! Others will tell you that it's hit & miss depending on the location of your room but i know that based on the # of faces i saw pressed against devices that the service is good in the parks .

Have a great trip!

Thank you for the answers :)

I guess I'll have to wait and see about the quality of the wifi but at least I know that at some point I will get some ;)

Magic Bands we get at Check in :thumbsup2

Anyone know when I'll receive the luggage tags for the magical express bus? :confused3

Thank you for the answers :)

I guess I'll have to wait and see about the quality of the wifi but at least I know that at some point I will get some ;)

Magic Bands we get at Check in :thumbsup2

Anyone know when I'll receive the luggage tags for the magical express bus? :confused3

In March, we got ours about 6 weeks out. A bit earlier than some other trips which were around 30 days or so before checkin. :)

Usually the tags come about 30 days before your trip. They sometimes come on their own or they will come with your Mickey Mail (package outlining your resort, dining plan if you have one, discounts and usually cute luggage tags which are different then the ones for magical express). The Mickey Mail comes about 30 days before your trip, if you've booked through a travel agent these usually go to them and they ship it to you.

I agree, we got our tags (for magical express and cute tags for our luggage) about 4 weeks out, we personalized our magic bands and they will be there when we arrive (they were last time). The wifi in the parks was ok, but we had purchased a data plan last time.. this time we aren't.. so we'll see how it goes!

We leave on the 19'th of Feb and got ours on Monday, so the 30 day mark seems accurate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter