• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When Booking A Value Room, Is There Any Way To Secure A Preferred Room

rastahomie

Registered
From what I can tell, it seems like you're basically rolling the dice when you book a value room - you'll either get a water view, a courtyard view, or a view of the road, and there's nothing you can do about it.

Or is there? Can you pay extra money or in any other way increase your odds of getting a better room?

Mrs. Homie and I stayed at Pop, our first time on-site, in October 2015. We didn't ask for, or be offered a chance to pay for, a preferred room, but the room we got was probably one of the best on the property: ground floor, steps from the computer pool. It was amazing, and I would love to be able to have a similar experience when we go to ASMu.

All value resorts have Preferred Rooms you can book for extra money that guarantees a preferred location close to the main building.

You can pay more and guarantee a preffered room....although one year I booked and paid for preffered. When I checked in they had me in a standard room. They had no preffered to move me to when I complained...they reimbursed me the difference though.

When you select the hotel on WDW site it will take you to another page showing you standard room price and then below that will show preferred room price and then allow you to select that option if it is available.

Your computer pool room was not preferred. If you wish to book POP again, you can book a category that will narrow your location and you can make some online requests that may be fulfilled. Ever since I started doing the online requests I have always gotten them. My preference is 50's Lake View.

This is the POP request page:

http://**************.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Pop-Century-Online-Check-in-from-**************.net_.jpg

Your computer pool room was not preferred. If you wish to book POP again, you can book a category that will narrow your location and you can make some online requests that may be fulfilled. Ever since I started doing the online requests I have always gotten them. My preference is 50's Lake View.

This is the POP request page:

http://**************.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Pop-Century-Online-Check-in-from-**************.net_.jpg

WOW can you do this with other resorts?? Is this only if you are already purchasing a preferred room... I am highly interested in this:scratchin

WOW can you do this with other resorts?? Is this only if you are already purchasing a preferred room... I am highly interested in this:scratchin

All the resorts should have this. They are only requests, not guarantees. Depending on what you choose you can try to narrow where you might be but if there is something most important, just ask for that. Not all have lots of choices. Here's a few from ************** website. You should be able to find more on there.

Port Orleans Riverside

http://**************.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Port-Orleans-Riverside-Room-Request-Form.jpg

Caribbean Beach Resort

http://**************.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Caribbean-Beach-Online-Check-in-Form-from-**************.net_.jpg

Oh ok im on WDW site and they do not offer anything under room requests unless it is "nearby rooms" or "connecting room" and amenities request is only crib.

Oh ok im on WDW site and they do not offer anything under room requests unless it is "nearby rooms" or "connecting room" and amenities request is only crib.

You can only make these online requests AFTER you have a room booked and it opens up for you so many days out from your reservation. You will want to study a map before putting in your requests. It is part of your online check-in.

OHHHHHHH so this is available via online check-in?? I'm sorry I am just learning a ton for my second go round being the "adult" and making all the bookings. Last year I did not do the online check-in (I'm not sure why I didn't either...) so that explains my curiosity.

From what I can tell, it seems like you're basically rolling the dice when you book a value room - you'll either get a water view, a courtyard view, or a view of the road, and there's nothing you can do about it.

Or is there? Can you pay extra money or in any other way increase your odds of getting a better room?

Mrs. Homie and I stayed at Pop, our first time on-site, in October 2015. We didn't ask for, or be offered a chance to pay for, a preferred room, but the room we got was probably one of the best on the property: ground floor, steps from the computer pool. It was amazing, and I would love to be able to have a similar experience when we go to ASMu.
I would definitely book a preferred room at Music.

It occurs to me that what Disney considers "preferred rooms" means "closer to transportation." That's meaningless to me, since I always rent a car, so I was never more than a few hundred feet from transportation.

It occurs to me that what Disney considers "preferred rooms" means "closer to transportation." That's meaningless to me, since I always rent a car, so I was never more than a few hundred feet from transportation.

Not necessarily. Most moderates have standard rooms that are close to one of the bus stops. Preferred usually means closer to the main area--food court and the up front bus stop. I'd say near the themed pool too but that is not true for CSR.

HopperFan, by any chance do you have one of the charts that shows the options for CSR?

Travelling in an 'off-season' if there is such a thing anymore helps and asking very politely when you check in and mentioning special celebrations doesn't hurt. I got lucky on a solo trip at the All Star Sports in early June one year and without asking was upgraded to a Preferred room. Even though it was the start of the summer season the resort actually seemed uncrowded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter