• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When are your children off for Easter/Passover?

Dayzy

Mouseketeer
We just booked for April 17-22 because the crowd calendar at WDW Prep School says what we thought, that most schools are back in session by then due to Passover being the week before Easter and schools putting the 2 holidays together. My kids go to a Catholic school and have off the week after Easter. Now I'm seeing Touring Plans is labeling it as a 10 week due to historic crowds.

So, when do your kids have off in April?

Thanks!

Mine are off the 10th-17th. My kids go to school with a lot of Jewish kids, but I do know that a lot of schools that are in less predominately Jewish areas are off the week after Easter. I think both weeks are very crowded.

Many schools in Massachusetts are off the week of April 17-21 and many NH schools are off the week after that.

My kids are off the week before but all of nieces and nephews in several school districts are off the week after Easter.

We are on vacation April 7th thru the 17th in CT, well that's a Friday to Monday and when we are going away. Our school vacation is the Saturday to Sunday. We are in Ct.

My kids are off April 10-18 which is all of Passover. Easter is 4/16 so right in the middle of that.
I would say the two weeks flanking Easter will be busy.

Our spring week is not directly tied to any holiday. We are typically off the 3rd week in April, however this year it appears to be the 4th week (April 24-28). I agree that, based on history, both weeks will be crowded at WDW.

Mine are off the 14th through the 21st. We are in a Catholic school in South Jersey.

We did Easter break about three years ago. I'm not going to lie, it was super crowded, but we'd expected it and so it didn't ruin our time.

We just booked for April 17-22 because the crowd calendar at WDW Prep School says what we thought, that most schools are back in session by then due to Passover being the week before Easter and schools putting the 2 holidays together. My kids go to a Catholic school and have off the week after Easter. Now I'm seeing Touring Plans is labeling it as a 10 week due to historic crowds.

So, when do your kids have off in April?

Thanks!

our district is off the week of April 10-15, but some of the districts in our area have vacation the same week you have booked (17th-22).

We are in Southern NH and our April vacation has nothing to do with Easter, but in 2017 it's April 24-28. Going April 21 - 29. Know the weekend will be crowded with left over week after Easter folks and the Stars Wars Marathon runners. Hoping it quiets down by Monday.

Just to throw in an Brit's two pence worth, English school have two weeks off at Easter, and most schools off from Monday 3rd and return Tuesday 18th April. It's a very popular (expensive) time for Brits to travel to WDW.

On Long Island, most public schools are off the week before Easter. Some have the Monday after Easter off. Catholic Schools on LI always have the same break....Holy Thursday, Good Friday & the entire week after Easter.
NYC schools have the week before Easter and the two days after Easter this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter