When and where to stake out a good spot for Frozen Fireworks?

maryj11

DIS Veteran
I just wonder where the best places are and when should we stake out a spot? We were thinking of doing the Sing-Along at 8:30 so that would be over at about 9:00. When we go to the Sing-Along it will be in the American Idol building. If we just walk out of the show and stay in that area would that be a good place to watch them? Or will it already be crowded with no place for us?
We plan on making a fastpass for the Sing-Along and my date to do that is coming up next week. So I'm trying to sort out my plans so I will know what times to make the fastpasses that day.

I can't predict what crowds will be like, but yes that area near the old IA building is not bad viewing. I would recommend someplace outside either Min & Bill's (the dinosaur) or across Echo Lake near 50s Prime Time.

I can't predict what crowds will be like, but yes that area near the old IA building is not bad viewing. I would recommend someplace outside either Min & Bill's (the dinosaur) or across Echo Lake near 50s Prime Time.
Ok thank you !

DHS-Gate-Fireworks_031115_zpsrcl7qn9d.jpg

Now I wonder how crowded it will be around the American Idol building or near Echo Lake 30 minutes before the fireworks:confused3

Last edited:
Anyone have an idea if we will be able to find a spot by American Idol building or around Echo Lake 30 minutes before the fireworks?

Hope you don't mind me jumping in with another question. Where exactly do these fireworks take place? Is it over echo lake?

Hope you don't mind me jumping in with another question. Where exactly do these fireworks take place? Is it over echo lake?

Echo Lake isn't big enough. They are shot from somewhere behind Toy Story I would estimate, but haven't quite nailed down the exact location.

Echo Lake isn't big enough. They are shot from somewhere behind Toy Story I would estimate, but haven't quite nailed down the exact location.

Thanks! Just wanted a general direction so I know which way we should be facing. Would hate to stake out a perfect spot only to find out that we are looking in the wrong direction, lol!

We like picking out a curb to sit on that is right in front of a store entrance on Hollywood Blvd. The AC flowing out across your backs while waiting can be quite pleasant on a hot evening.

Of course I know it will depend on crowds the day we are there, but would you expect the area near the park entrance on Hollywood Blvd. to get crowded quickly? Thinking of viewing there so that we can get out ahead of a lot of the crowds.

Of course I know it will depend on crowds the day we are there, but would you expect the area near the park entrance on Hollywood Blvd. to get crowded quickly? Thinking of viewing there so that we can get out ahead of a lot of the crowds.

I am wondering this too and would love to hear from those who have already experienced it. We have FP for the 9:00 viewing of Fantasmic on July 3rd. My plan is to exit Fantasmic and make our way to the Park Exit as quickly as we can so we can view the Frozen Fireworks from there. The crowd calendars say it will be busy, but not too bad. I have a bad feeling everyone else will be doing the same thing though and keeping picturing the stampede scene from Lion King.:scared:

Alright - So Old American Idol building/Echo Lake is sounding like a good choice then. Do they pipe the music there?

Looks like same location as SWW fireworks then. Yay! Just when I have to say goodbye to watching massive DHS fireworks from my balcony, Frozen Fireworks are on the horizon. Even as busy as SWW have been, we have had plenty of viewing opportunities from Echo/50s Prime Time, just got there about 20 min before.

What are the typical times the ACTUAL fireworks (not any stage shows, can't see them) start? How often do they run (nightly, only on weekends etc?) What dates do they start and end on?

DHS has the best viewing from where we live, so I'm happy to keep having fireworks to see after SWW!

TIA!

Looks like same location as SWW fireworks then. Yay! Just when I have to say goodbye to watching massive DHS fireworks from my balcony, Frozen Fireworks are on the horizon. Even as busy as SWW have been, we have had plenty of viewing opportunities from Echo/50s Prime Time, just got there about 20 min before.

What are the typical times the ACTUAL fireworks (not any stage shows, can't see them) start? How often do they run (nightly, only on weekends etc?) What dates do they start and end on?

DHS has the best viewing from where we live, so I'm happy to keep having fireworks to see after SWW!

TIA!
All I know so far is they will start at 9:30.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter