Wheelchair rental outside parks

blondietink

DIS Veteran
Are there outside vendors at Disneyland where you can rent a wheelchair for length of stay? Not interested in renting one from Disneyland at the parks. It's too risky getting my son from the hotel or parking into the parks with out a wheelchair. He tends to run away and I am afraid I will lose him (he is very fast).

Do NOT use Apple Medical Supplies they were simply HORRIBLE?? We PUSHED the scooters back to hotel 2 twice! Which did our back no good and turn ankle less good They had no power! And office was always closed. So we could no help.

My Friend had rented from Deckerts and no trouble with scooter at all!!! it had power to spare.

Are you talking about Apple Scooters? I've used them 4 times and never had a problem!

Are you talking about Apple Scooters? I've used them 4 times and never had a problem!
While I've never used one, my sister did when her family visited Disneyland last year.

She used Apple and was very happy with them. Used it for 3 days, and charged it every night. Said she never saw the "how much power available" bars drop even one. Had a small turning radius. They were to deliver it to their hotel the morning after they arrived (they were arriving late), but it was already there when they got there. It was a 3-wheel pride mobility victory 10 scooter. She was extremely satisfied with their service/product.

Yes! I used last year Sept 1 2014. But this year they were crap. Their Customer Service was crap. You could not get on the phone. And by chance phone was answered their mail box was alway full!! I not use them again, ever!!

Do NOT use Apple Medical Supplies they were simply HORRIBLE?? We PUSHED the scooters back to hotel 2 twice! Which did our back no good and turn ankle less good They had no power! And office was always closed. So we could no help.

My Friend had rented from Deckerts and no trouble with scooter at all!!! it had power to spare.

I had a similar issue in October. We rented two Victory 10 scooters and we actually received two old broken down Endeavor scooters. When my mom's died the first day it took a few hours to get them out there to replace it. My 8 year old daughter had to push her out of the park to meet them. They brought her a Victory 10 and that one held up the rest of the trip. My scooter died every night and I had to be pushed back to the hotel. After the first "service" experience, we didn't bother calling for my issues.

Thanks for the information. I will have to call Deckert's to see about their wheelchairs. They don't seem to have a website.

Walking Disneyland Parks it seems flat. They are Not flat! There are hills that separate each land. I did not know this until tried a wheel chair! ever after I have rented scooters!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter