Whats's in your DVC Locker?

I always struggled with the zip ties that are provided with the Owner's Lockers. I bought a pack of zip ties at the Dollar Tree, and they work much better for me.

I put nail clippers in my carry-on bag and use them to cut open the zip ties when I arrive.

Also - it's "Owner's Locker" not "DVC Locker."

I mention that not to be a nit-picker, but because

(a) people should know that it's owned by a private company, it is not owned by Disney

(b) if people try to find it online they need to know what to search

(c) people do not have to be DVC members to use it. If someone goes to Disney often, they might want it even if they do not stay in DVC rooms. The company delivers to a lot of hotels other than DVC:
https://www.ownerslocker.com/locations/
Thanks for the mention that Owner's Locker serves other hotels and timeshares - I sort of knew this but had never looked to see whether the TS we stay at when out of DVC points are on there, and they are! So we just signed up. We'll have our first visit in November offsite and will stock it with things to prepare for our big family trip in December!

Do the resorts charge you for accepting the delivery? Is it delivered to your room?

Why do you pay $100 a year to store a few items? We get 2 free checked bags every flight, and we usually travel with 5 or more people so 10+ bags. Sorry but I just don't get it.

Why do you pay $100 a year to store a few items? We get 2 free checked bags every flight, and we usually travel with 5 or more people so 10+ bags. Sorry but I just don't get it.

Because not everyone uses an airline that allows 2 free checked bags... My Owners locker saves me at LEAST $100/year in baggage fees (that's figuring in the $100 we spend to store it and have it delivered). Not to mention the money we save by being able to easily prepare meals in a studio.

We usually drive and need to stop overnight on the road each way. We’re trying out our first OL this year, expecting it to save us from having to unload and load an extra suitcase from the car each night. We already have a nice list started of clothing we use only in Orlando - ponchos, Disney hats & sun visors, Disney jackets - not to mention our preferred coffee and kitchen/laundry supplies.

If we fly Alaska we get free bags-no one else from our airport. If we went to WDW more often we’d absolutely do this.

We drive and I still use Owners Locker...love love love it! Cleaning supplies, laundry, batteries, flashlights, scissors, rain gear, full size toiletries, fans, cooling cloths, chip clips, salt and pepper and cooking spray, zip lock bags, extension cords, extra charging cables, etc...love the idea of adding lanyards and extra magic bands!

We are going to start the service, partly to avoid some items breaking, but more to avoid having to check luggage completely. Small cooking appliances, Brita pitcher, etc. for the breakable. We can leave large sunscreen, shampoo, toothpaste, toothbrushes, our park footware etc., so there's less to worry about packing on the way down. I travel a ton for work, and if I can avoid checking ANY luggage, I will. It's a major hassle at O'Hare. I can fit a week's worth of clothes into an overnight bag, and and so can my husband. We can get to the airport and go at home, and off the plane and out the door in Orlando. So much easier!

In addition to lots of the above items, I have a king size fitted bottom sheet (high thread count and very comfortable). I found that often the bottom flat sheet did not come to the end of the ling bed, leaving the mattress pad exposed. I tend to toss and turn a lot and sometimes the bleach and detergent used to wash sheets was rough on my skin.

Microwave splatter screen
Dish cloths
Extra Pot holders
Pop-up mesh clothes hampers
Electric razor
Lint roller
Magnets (to put notes on frig.
Cold compress
Deck of cards
Good paring knife
Clorox wipes
Small cutting board (for studios)
Chip clips
Apron
Small kleenex packets
Shoehorn

Much of what has already been mentioned. Also a Rice cooker, soy sauce, rice, Can of Spam, sharp kitchen knife, cutting board, our Disney Crocs and other summer shoes, extra running shoes, Disney shirts and jewelry

Lucky you, I travel alone mostly. If I want free bags I have to drive to Buffalo (from Toronto) to fly out. I've done this a few times, but in the winter Buffalo weather can be unpredictable.

Even with free checked bags, I'd rather not check bags if I don't have to. My home airport makes MCO look small time, and baggage claim is no joke.

Also, Owner's Locker delivers to other resorts. You could just waltz right out and take an Uber straight to the lazy river at Margaritaville, without worrying about baggage claim. Then take it over to Disney and they pick it up. I've never NOT done a Owner's Locker split stay.

Details, please! Planning our first Christmas trip, bringing the whole family, would love to have a tree!
We just got one on amazon, something like this (there are a lot of sellers and color options):
https://www.amazon.com/HMASYO-Chris...uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl
It collapses to about 2-3" thick and about 12" square. There are larger ones, but I was prepared to leave it at WDW in case it didn't fit either in the OL or our luggage. Ours cost about $25. The other option was to bring some strings of lights, which we will probably do next Christmas that we go (since we already have a tree, LOL), but last time we wanted to open presents on Christmas Day with the kids, so we "needed" a tree. And, priorities: we got up at 5:30 am for ROTR, did a half day at HS and then went back to open presents.

Edited: I packed it in my carryon rollaboard as a surprise, and did laundry 2-3x on our trip. HAHA.I somehow couldn't get the tree to fit back in the box it came in, so we put it in a plastic bag and mushed all the other OL stuff around it. It's like 3D tetris with us.

Even with free checked bags, I'd rather not check bags if I don't have to. My home airport makes MCO look small time, and baggage claim is no joke.

Also, Owner's Locker delivers to other resorts. You could just waltz right out and take an Uber straight to the lazy river at Margaritaville, without worrying about baggage claim. Then take it over to Disney and they pick it up. I've never NOT done a Owner's Locker split stay.

Same here. Having an OL makes split stays SO much easier. With 2 little kids who are *just* getting to the point where they can reliably carry their own backpacks and take a small wheeled carryon, we don't need/won't have hands to handle a big checked bag anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter