• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What's your favorite Epcot World Showcase Pavilion?

WebmasterJackie

Senior Editor for The DIS & DCL Fan
Staff member
Administrator
Stopping by to share a fun video from some of the members of the DIS Unplugged where they share their favorite Pavilions in Epcot and the reasons why they're their favorites.

Mine is Mexico. My Gram took me to Tijuana when I was 8 years old and the "outdoor" market inside of the Mexico Pavilion reminds me of the markets we saw and shopped at there. The other thing I love is the Gran Fiesta Tour Starring the Three Caballeros - it reminds me just a tiny bit of Pirates of the Caribbean at Disneyland with the San Angel Inn Restaraunte overlooking the beginning of the ride.

Which Pavilion is your favorite?

I agree on Mexico because of the ambiance and cute attraction. Hacienda is our favorite restaurant.

Second choice is Japan because of the fun store, koi pond/gardens, drum show, and Katsura Grill (though I wish it had more seating).

I'm torn between Morocco & Japan. I love the imagineering & detail that went into the Morocco Pavilion. The food at both Tangierine Cafe (quick service) & Marrakesh is also very good & so different than what I can find at home. But in Japan, the Mitsukoshi store, the drummers and the quiet area behind Katsura Grill are incredible. Call it a draw for me. So great to have choices.

I really LOVE Japan too! Mitsukoshi is amazing!!

Come to think of it, I really like the China Pavilion a lot too. And France. :lovestruc

My favorite pavilions are United Kingdom and the American Adventure.

The reason why I like the United Kingdom is my families favorite food location in EPCOT is the Rose & Crown. Also, I'm a big EPL fan, so I enjoy looking at the soccer gear in the shops there.

In the American Adventure pavilion, I really enjoy the theater show, but my favorite thing in all of EPCOT is the Voices of Liberty! I always hear several performances a day whenever I go to EPCOT.

I agree on Mexico because of the ambiance and cute attraction. Hacienda is our favorite restaurant.

Second choice is Japan because of the fun store, koi pond/gardens, drum show, and Katsura Grill (though I wish it had more seating).

Those are my favorites! I love the market atmosphere in Mexico and I love the store in Japan!

I am so torn! I love Morocco because I have been there and it is so true to the real Morocco. I love the UK area...and I love the Japan and China gift shops!

Come to think of it, I really like the China Pavilion a lot too. And France.
The China Pavilion's store has some great shopping. Many similar items to what you can find in Japan's Mitsukoshi but at a significantly lower price. Shopping score! I completely understand & endorse Craig's wild love for L'Artisan des Glaces. Basically, the ice cream shop in France. Just go get an ice cream cone or esp their incredible macarons. All of the CMs speak fluent English so no problems. Don't worry about a language barrier or fussy French anything. Just go get a cone or macaron & enjoy. The CMs know what you want & are incredibly friendly & warm. Best ice cream in WDW hands down.

Stopping by to share a fun video from some of the members of the DIS Unplugged where they share their favorite Pavilions in Epcot and the reasons why they're their favorites.

Mine is Mexico. My Gram took me to Tijuana when I was 8 years old and the "outdoor" market inside of the Mexico Pavilion reminds me of the markets we saw and shopped at there. The other thing I love is the Gran Fiesta Tour Starring the Three Caballeros - it reminds me just a tiny bit of Pirates of the Caribbean at Disneyland with the San Angel Inn Restaraunte overlooking the beginning of the ride.

Which Pavilion is your favorite?
Mexico = Tequilla

I'd agree with a PP that Italy is my favorite for food but I love the American Adventure & Voices of Liberty

I love the British pavilion for the British Invasion band and Rose & Crown. The shopping is best though at the Japan Pavilion.

I'm partial to U.K. My DS12 would absolutely say that the store in Japan is the best place he's ever been in the entire face of the earth.

Top 3

Mexico: love the indoor nighttime village square. Love the ride. I think the restaurant is pretty good. I love all the merchandise options.
Japan: great little museum that actually changes exhibits. The gift shop can't be beat. Two great restaurants and the CS is good too. Really like the architecture with the tower and castle and department store.
China: great architecture, love the pond. Really enjoy the table service restaurant and the gift shop is massive.

Middle

UK: I like all the different representations of architecture from different times. Wish they had a ride. Gift shop is ok.
Morocco: this is towards the top of my middle. I love wandering around all the corridors and looking at stuff to buy. I also really enjoy the counter service and i like sitting outside at Spice Road.
Norway: at least they have a ride. I like the gift shop but all the stuff I like is expensive. never ate at Akershus.
US: pretty much sucks except for the Voices of Liberty and I really like the American Adventure show. Our only eating place is a generic counter service? Really? I guess that actually might be appropriate, though I'd like to see a good seafood or bbq place.
France: very pretty. I enjoy the movie, probably because there are seats. I like the little pattiserie and the counter service.

Bottom 3

Italy: not a lot to do there. I have good Italian food near where I live. Most of the gift shop items are expensive.
Canada: they do have a movie, but it is not my fav. Besides that there isn't a lot going on. Le Cellier is too pricey in my view for a steak place. I do love the beautiful garden.
Germany: the restaurant is good. gift shops are nice to look at but have a lot of expensive stuff.

My absolute favourites are the UK and France pavilions. I could spend hours at either one just soaking up the atmosphere (and food).

I love America! American Adventure is one of my favorites and I recently rediscovered Voices of Liberty. I love making a quick trip for the day over there just to see a couple shows. Puts me in such a good mood. Plus, America has the Gardens Theater for all the concerts and Candlelight.

I think my Top 3 would be Japan (for that SHOP, and it's just so beautifully themed), Mexico (exclusively for the theme; I adore any and everything that features a design that makes it seem like you're outside when you're actually inside), and UK (for personal reasons--I've missed it there since my stint at Oxford a decade ago--and also the theming is just charming). France, Morocco, and China are my runners up (though we'll see if Norway joins that list--haven't been since everything was redone there).

Norway because of Kringla and the former Maelstrom (Haven't ridden FEA but assume I will like it). Mexico is a close second for the ambiance inside the pyramid and big, round stone with the color changing effects.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter