• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What's your favorite beer?

Native St. Louisan here. I like my Bud and Bud Light.
I pretty much enjoy all beers and like going to microbreweries. I spent three years stationed in Germany enjoying myriad beers there, but my stateside go-to will always be an A-B product (never a Miller product).
Sorry, not sorry. :)

Are you in the Lansing area? Old Nation Brewery in Williamston has some great beers and great food!

I am in the Lansing area and I've heard good things about the brewery in Williamston but haven't made it there yet. It's on my list of places to try. Thanks for the recommendation!

I really want/need to try this. I make Shandy's at home with a wheat beer (I get free from work) and simply lemonade.

I can drink their Summer Shandy, but in small doses. I prefer their Sunset Wheat.

Last year I bought a Leiny sampler pack with Pumpkin Shandy. Bleeeech!! :crazy2: Bad.

Boylan's Birch Beer is good too.

05242_16.jpg

When I'm in the mood, I'll usually get Virgil's, because it's readily available.

But there's an artisan soda store near my SIL, with dozens of varieties that you've never heard of. I expect DH to pick up some random samples next Xmas.

There is a reason they are seasonal. They come out in August and by the end of October even pumpkin fans are over them.

There's a time and place for everything. I remember being at the Half Moon Bay Pumpkin Festival, and I could go without trying the Mavericks Harvest pumpkin ale from Half Moon Bay Brewing. It was pretty good. Every year they buy over 100 lbs of sugar pie pumpkins exclusively from local growers. Of course part of it was having fun because of where I was. Green beer is a gimmick, but it works for the right event. Corona is somewhat weak and gets skunky quickly, but slamming them down on the beach in Mexico tends to create pleasant memories.

Cigar City Lager
Kona Big Wave Ale
Funky Buddha
and lately, since it's been hotter than the hinges of hell at the beach, I've been having a nice, ice-cold Miller Light every afternoon. It truly quenches thirst better than anything!

I haven't quite figured out my go-to beer yet.
I like Michelob Ultra due to the 90 calorie count and it's pretty tame.
I like Bell's Oberon
I like Sam Adams Summer Ale

I went to a beerfest early this summer. Oh my gosh were there a lot of beers. I should have brought a pen and paper to write down the ones I liked. There were quite a few but I can't remember which now. And I didn't get drunk, so no excuse other than too many types.

Count me in on the "anti-IPA" train. I'm far from a connoisseur, but I do love sampling different beers. I usually order something I've never tried before as often as I can (plus I'm an Untappd addict!) We've had a lot of local breweries pop up around here in recent years, so it's always fun to see what they come up with.

My recent favorites are Yards Brewing's Pynk or virtually anything by Alltech Kentucky Brewing.

At the moment: Focal Banger from The Alchemist in Waterbury VT (ok,they just opened their new facility, it's now Stowe, VT).

And almost everything from Hill Farmstead, also in Vermont

Anyone buy beer in growlers? I only have a quart growler? We have some interesting laws in California. Growlers can only be filled at the site of a brewery, although a few brewers have "duplicate licenses" for tasting rooms which allows growlers to be filled at satellite facilities. I mentioned the Sierra Nevada Torpedo Room in Berkeley, although another local brewery (Half Moon Bay Brewing) is doing something similar in Berkeley.

Sierra Nevada is kind of strict about filling too. They'll only fill their own growlers. I've seen someone bring in another one and was told they didn't do it. State law allows any growler to be filled, but any markings of another brewer must be covered up and a tag/label attached with the brewer and specific beer. I understand that lots of brewers don't want to do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter