What's up with the price discrepancies ABD?

kjd469

Addicted to WDW
O.K...so please help me out here. ABD claims that the lowest prices for their adventures are basically now, when they first release the dates, and they will rise as the trips sell out. So...here's my problem. When looking at any of the trips on their website, looking under the section "trip at a glance" there is always a price range for adults and children - but then when you click "rates and dates'', the prices listed are always $100 - $150 more than what they started at under "trip at a glance''. Not one of the trips has a price that equals what was listed under "trip at a glance"...so how exactly does one go about getting that lower price??:confused3 (these prices have been the same since the release a week ago, so it's not that they've risen as the trips are selling)

O.K...so please help me out here. ABD claims that the lowest prices for their adventures are basically now, when they first release the dates, and they will rise as the trips sell out. So...here's my problem. When looking at any of the trips on their website, looking under the section "trip at a glance" there is always a price range for adults and children - but then when you click "rates and dates'', the prices listed are always $100 - $150 more than what they started at under "trip at a glance''. Not one of the trips has a price that equals what was listed under "trip at a glance"...so how exactly does one go about getting that lower price??:confused3 (these prices have been the same since the release a week ago, so it's not that they've risen as the trips are selling)

I don't know the answer, but it was the same last year. The posted price on rates and dates never matched the lowest price in the range. Except for the Nothern CA trip, none of the posted prices ever went down. But they did have lower prices for a lot of the trips because they sent out PINs later.

I asked that same question on the boards last year and never got an answer. And of course, since I took a Tauck trip this year, I never called ABD to ask them directly. My only theory is that possibly people get a small price break when putting 3 or 4 people in a room???

I think that the lowest price is if you book a triple or a quad. The quad thing is kind of moot, because you have to pay for all adults if your kids are over 12, and they don't let you put 4 adults in one room (who wants to anyway?). It costs pretty much the same to book 2 rooms if you are 4 people.

I think we booked a triple and a double (we have 3 kids) and the triple was $100 a person less than the price listed. I'm not really sure, because I only have my husband's scribbling to go by. I'll wait until I see Disney's invoice to be sure.

When we brought my son, we all paid the same rate....Disney does not give a discount for triple or quad bookings...everyone pays the same. My travel agent was shocked by this, as they are pretty much the only company that does that.

Folks
Just to confuse things even more when we booked our Peru trip last week for August next year - the price quoted was $35USD each less than was on the website for those dates.... I didn't argue I just took the $100 saved...
But cannot explain why... so it seems no guarentee when you book you get the price thats on the web page anyway!!

When we brought my son, we all paid the same rate....Disney does not give a discount for triple or quad bookings...everyone pays the same. My travel agent was shocked by this, as they are pretty much the only company that does that.

Yep. They are also pretty much the only company that charges full adult rate for over age 11. Frustrating.

Not quite true. I priced out the ABD Egypt. It was $150 less per person for a quad than for a double.

I called ABD, and they confirmed that there is a quad and a triple rate available, which would be a discount for every person in the room if you have 3 or 4 people in the room. The amount depends on the trip (and also depends on if the hotels allow triple or quad booking, which some European hotels don't).

Sayhello

I called ABD, and they confirmed that there is a quad and a triple rate available, which would be a discount for every person in the room if you have 3 or 4 people in the room. The amount depends on the trip (and also depends on if the hotels allow triple or quad booking, which some European hotels don't).

Sayhello

This was definitely NOT the case last year for our Southwest Splendours trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter