Whats up the weekend of 1/24-26?

tjmw2727

DIS Veteran
Trying to book a last minute AP rate for 1/24 - 1/28 in a moderate to bring my dd to Disney for her CP internship!

I have booked many a last minute trip in the past and I was hoping for a moderate since its just the 2 of us and the primary goal is to shop and then move her in on Monday. With a bit of fun on Friday and Saturday of course!

We don't usually get to Disney in January so I thought it was a "slower" period and I am just surprised there is nothing available in the value or moderates, well except for a 900 a night room a CSR :)

Trying to book a last minute AP rate for 1/24 - 1/28 in a moderate to bring my dd to Disney for her CP internship!

I have booked many a last minute trip in the past and I was hoping for a moderate since its just the 2 of us and the primary goal is to shop and then move her in on Monday. With a bit of fun on Friday and Saturday of course!

We don't usually get to Disney in January so I thought it was a "slower" period and I am just surprised there is nothing available in the value or moderates, well except for a 900 a night room a CSR :)

Sorry, last minute trips don't often work out well for availability anymore. Especially if you want an AP discount, which seem to be gradually going the way of the Dodo bird....

No 'slow periods' except maybe August/September either.

I am having a similar problem with Feb 3-6. None of the resorts/room categories that I want are available with an AP. I have the AKL but booked pool view without realizing that pool view is almost certainly going to have construction issues. *sigh*

All I can say is just keep trying. Sometimes you get lucky and can snag a cancellation.

I agree about no slow time but I can't even find a rack rate moderate or value ! Just a campsite, value suite or the YC ….

Wondering if there is a spots tourney or other event that would fill up rooms?

Holding on to my very good rate at YC but tempted to book the Dolphin or a DS partner instead.

Sorry, last minute trips don't often work out well for availability anymore. Especially if you want an AP discount, which seem to be gradually going the way of the Dodo bird....

No 'slow periods' except maybe August/September either.

I am having a similar problem with Feb 3-6. None of the resorts/room categories that I want are available with an AP. I have the AKL but booked pool view without realizing that pool view is almost certainly going to have construction issues. *sigh*

All I can say is just keep trying. Sometimes you get lucky and can snag a cancellation.

We’ve been eyeing up that weekend for two weeks and availability is LOW while prices are HIGH. We managed to come across an All Star Music room for $145/night for 1/24, but 1/25 has been almost nonexistent for anything affordable. I think we’re going to wind up at Dolphin instead for about $100 more.

Disney resorts are almost fully booked all year round now. There are posts like this every few weeks. Last minute availability is very limited, especially if you are looking for a discount. Add to that Disney now uses algorithms for bookings. You used to be able to book whatever length of stay you wanted. Now, the algorithms dictate how many nights are open to book. The value resorts are especially hard to get last minute as big groups are routinely booked there.

Try looking at the Disney Springs hotels, several are walkable to Disney Springs (technically all are, but I wouldn't do it from a couple of them). They book fastpasses at 60 days and have bus shuttles to the park approximately every 30 minutes. The only hitch in it all is you have to book an uber or some other transportation from the airport, which is readily available.

We will be there for a gymnastics meet that is held at ESPN WWoS. Yes, same time as Pro Bowl activities! Not sure exactly how big the meet is but that is also bringing in families. I was hoping for a "slow" trip as we usually go in the summer but like was said above, it doesn't seem like there is a slow time anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter