What's the opposite of Pixie Dust :(

Being charged in full for CRT happens a lot. Computer glitches or CM glitches? Who knows? None of this was your fault, and so as a guest, they should make it right in any way they can.

Just chiming here, even if it isn't the TA's fault [honest mistake/problem on Disney's part/whatever], it's the TA's responsibility to fix with the guest, whether it's arguing with Disney to get reimb'd, or soaking the currency exchange loss out of pocket.

In regards to the booking change, that sucks :(. With CRT though, there's really not much that they can do. It's not as if they can squeeze another table in for a given time-frame. Can keep calling hoping for the old time-slot to open up again [or rather, have your TA keep calling and trying to get that timeslot].

Hindsight is a good thing, but not too helpful in addressing the now :(.

I had this happen as well, but unlike the others that have posted, the Disney agent checked the availability before she canceled my reservation. There weren't any, so she told me to keep it on my card and then have it reversed when we showed up that night. We did and it worked great.

Sorry this had to happen to you :(

OMG I think I wokr up to a little pixie dust this morning... I got an email from my TA (with a trail of all the people she communicated with at Disney) and she managed to work some wonders with a Sales Coordinator at Disney who was able to pull some strings and get us our original 5:40 time slot back for CRT. I know I am still out the $20 but I am so happy that this is on it's way to being completely fixed. What a nice way to start the day.

OMG I think I wokr up to a little pixie dust this morning... I got an email from my TA (with a trail of all the people she communicated with at Disney) and she managed to work some wonders with a Sales Coordinator at Disney who was able to pull some strings and get us our original 5:40 time slot back for CRT. I know I am still out the $20 but I am so happy that this is on it's way to being completely fixed. What a nice way to start the day.

YEAH!! I hope you have a wonderful dinner and that your DD has a magical birthday!!

That's great! Still wondering if you emailed Disney? If not, why not? I'm sure they will handle the $20.00, as they have done so for me twice now, as I mentioned.

Tiger :0

That's great! Still wondering if you emailed Disney? If not, why not? I'm sure they will handle the $20.00, as they have done so for me twice now, as I mentioned.

Tiger :0

I did email them... waiting to hear back from them... not sure how long it typically takes for a response.

I did email them... waiting to hear back from them... not sure how long it typically takes for a response.

The response time will vary. If you get a CM who feels your situation is valid, he/she will pass it to a Guest Relations supervisor who usually calls by phone in order to further discuss issue. If not by phone, he/she will email to tell you that they have passed your email on to the appropriate department, so you'll wait for further instructions.

I would give it at least 7 days, and if you don't hear anything, try again.

I am known as an amateur consumer advocate around here, and I've contacted thousands of companies in my day. Disney is pretty good about responding and doing something about the situation. Only once in awhile, did an email get ignored (had a merchandise credit issue), and I sent email again, and it was rectified right away.

It helps to have a short and simple email that gets right to the point - I'm an English teacher so I can attest to the fact that most people only quickly read over items, and customer service reps are the worst at that, since they do it all day long. So, if you have some key points in there about the fact that an error happened beyond your control, and due to that error on Disney's part, it cost you, the guest, $20.00 in related exchange fees, then I'm pretty sure you'll get a response with a gift card offer or something similar to make up for the loss of money.

Let me know how it goes, and I can write an email for you if you like!

Good luck, Tiger :)

The response time will vary. If you get a CM who feels your situation is valid, he/she will pass it to a Guest Relations supervisor who usually calls by phone in order to further discuss issue. If not by phone, he/she will email to tell you that they have passed your email on to the appropriate department, so you'll wait for further instructions.

I would give it at least 7 days, and if you don't hear anything, try again.

I am known as an amateur consumer advocate around here, and I've contacted thousands of companies in my day. Disney is pretty good about responding and doing something about the situation. Only once in awhile, did an email get ignored (had a merchandise credit issue), and I sent email again, and it was rectified right away.

It helps to have a short and simple email that gets right to the point - I'm an English teacher so I can attest to the fact that most people only quickly read over items, and customer service reps are the worst at that, since they do it all day long. So, if you have some key points in there about the fact that an error happened beyond your control, and due to that error on Disney's part, it cost you, the guest, $20.00 in related exchange fees, then I'm pretty sure you'll get a response with a gift card offer or something similar to make up for the loss of money.

Let me know how it goes, and I can write an email for you if you like!

Good luck, Tiger :)

Thank you for the offer - seems like everything may have actually worked out. I got an email from my TA this morning stating that there will be a $20 gift card waiting for us when we check in :cheer2:

I'm wondering if it depends on what plan you have. We own DVC and I've always been charged CRT ahead of time and received a credit at the end of the meal. Our last visit was last year in July and that is what they did.

We are DVC members too, and as long as I have DDP associated with my reservation, I have not had to pay for CRT in advance (just the CC hold).

I agree it's the TAs fault.
If the TA did it online: then it would clearly say whether it would be a hold on the card or actually charge the card. The bug that charges dining plan people for CRT instead of putting a hold is well known (or at least a TA should know of it). So, when the TA went to check out, if it worked correctly it would say $0 is owed. if not, itwould say $$$ is owed. The TA should have known nothing should have to be paid, and called disney dining to complete the ADR for you.

That is what just happend to me two days ago when I booked CRT online. I just eneted my Resort/vacation pkg number. The online system found my number and at booking CRT it said 0.00 owed. Right now there is a $1.00 pending on my bank account. I believe it will drop off in a few days, Right?

That is what just happend to me two days ago when I booked CRT online. I just eneted my Resort/vacation pkg number. The online system found my number and at booking CRT it said 0.00 owed. Right now there is a $1.00 pending on my bank account. I believe it will drop off in a few days, Right?

Yes, it will dissappear in a few days. The $1 hold is just to check you gave them a valid account number.

Thank you for the offer - seems like everything may have actually worked out. I got an email from my TA this morning stating that there will be a $20 gift card waiting for us when we check in :cheer2:

Excellent! That is exactly how they should have handled it.

Great, Tiger :)

How am I supposed to book this when the dining plan for 2011 hasn't been released yet? This seems stupid! I'll book, have my credit card charged, and when the plan is released in August, I call back and cancel the charge to replace with the dining plan and risk the chance of another ADR not being available. Disney needs to re-work this for people going at the beginning of each year!!:mad:

How am I supposed to book this when the dining plan for 2011 hasn't been released yet? This seems stupid! I'll book, have my credit card charged, and when the plan is released in August, I call back and cancel the charge to replace with the dining plan and risk the chance of another ADR not being available. Disney needs to re-work this for people going at the beginning of each year!!:mad:

You can keep it on your charge until you go to CRT. You'll tell them you're on the dining plan, and they'll deduct the dining plan credits and refund your credit card.

It's annoying you'll have the charge on your card for 6 months.

Also, because others will be in the same boat as you, it's very possible there will be reservaons available for CRT (I'd say very probable), so you can book a new reservation attached to your dining plan, and THEN cancel the old one to get your card refunded. No risk doing it this way.

I'm wondering if it depends on what plan you have. We own DVC and I've always been charged CRT ahead of time and received a credit at the end of the meal. Our last visit was last year in July and that is what they did.
I'm also DVC and have done the dining plan the last 3 trips and CRT and when I tell them we are on the dining plan they just take my cc number but do not charge it. They just remind me that I will use 2 ts credits for this meal. Odd.

MSLRAC - thank you for this... such kind words and you are probably right - just spending some time with Cinderella on her birthday will be great... even if it's a late dinner :)

Hey next time I travel to WDW I will just come here to book rather then leave it in that hands of anyone else... seems like the consensus here is that my TA is the one that fudged up... really too bad because she had me totally convinced that it was Disney who made the error.

Thanks for all the great answers.

I just read through this whole saga for the first time. I'm so glad that the issue has finally resoved after weeks of frustration.

However, people please correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that dinner at CRT does not include Cinderella but only her fairy godmother and the mice. I thought that Cinderella herself was only at breakfast and lunch at CRT. OP, I don't want you to be expecting Cinderella in her castle for this very special birthday celebration if she is not scheduled to be there.

I just read through this whole saga for the first time. I'm so glad that the issue has finally resoved after weeks of frustration.

However, people please correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that dinner at CRT does not include Cinderella but only her fairy godmother and the mice. I thought that Cinderella herself was only at breakfast and lunch at CRT. OP, I don't want you to be expecting Cinderella in her castle for this very special birthday celebration if she is not scheduled to be there.

This changed months ago - characters are now at all meals.

Tiger :)

Oh, thank you for the correction - that is wonderful! That will certainly be a 6th birthday that won't be forgotten.

I may have missed someone saying this, but I've had luck calling my CC company and having them credit me the difference when I've lost money due to the exchange rate (when it was an error on the companies part that caused the refund). It is worth a shot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter