What's the most you've paid per person for one meal?

V&A, yes. Thank you so much for asking this question, though, it had me reach for my V&A personalised menu to check the price, I love going through my Disney World memorabilia and I don't do it often enough :lovestruc It was $235 in July 2018+ the wine pairing (which was fantastic, I highly recommend it) which was $150 + the tip which must have been around $100 so close to $500 total, which is staggering.

I enjoyed the meal but (and this is going to sound incredibly pompous) I'd been to similar restaurants before and there are some I enjoyed even more (the food was even better and my server was even more memorable but service is luck of the draw and food depends on taste, V&A was very good, no doubt about that). I do miss the harpist, though, she was sensational!
Is the harpist no longer there?

I don’t do signature restaurants but once somehow spent almost $100 per person at rose and crown with apps, entrees, desserts, tip and maybe a few too many drinks. Great night though.

At Disney (DL), definitely the Chef's Counter and Napa Rose. What a great night that was. I don't remember what we spent, I think it's one price for the food experience and DH and I both added the wine pairing.

Outside, Delmonico's in Vegas. I have no idea what we spent but I know we both had delicious steaks, shared a bottle of wine, had dessert, DH got the absinthe and I had the flight of aged Grand Marnier (50, 100, 150 year old). This was probably 15 years ago and I still remember it so money well spent.

It was at WDW. 30th Birthday at Cali Grill.

Mains (steak) + flatbread + 2 beers + one desert.

Yes I'm kinda poor.

At Dishoom in London I might have spent close to that, but I was sampling a few different things.

We once had a Cali Grill meal where the bill came out to $485. Mind you, we had a custom cake with the big white chocolate castle added on to this meal, so that was $250 of it, but it was just two of us. So, that still worked out to nearly $120 pp without the cake. We had thought about V&A for that night, but DH doesn't like to dress up, so I put the rest of the potential V&A $ into the cake.

In Disney? It was probably that one year at the California Grill where I made the mistake of allowing the waiter to suggest what wine I should have and didn't ask him the price of it.

Now you have me wondering how much the wine was!

Victoria & Albert's but it was when they closed for a special Food & Wine Festival event called something like
Culinary Adventures in Signature Dining and it was like $650 per person.
We had gone to this event 3 times and I THINK was the last one attended because they out priced us

Our most expensive WDW TS meal was just this past Monday at the new Takumi-Tei. 2 guests, 2 tasting menus, 2 non-alcoholic beverages = $180 per person with tax and tip. Our most expensive meal ever at WDW was at a special dining event that was $500 per person + tax.

Yep. V&A in 2012. We were celebrating our wedding anniversary and adopting our three kids (who loved Poly's kids club that night). We had the wind pairing and DH had one upcharge item. I started saving for the trip and dinner two years prior, to lessen the sticker shock. I think we got out of there for $500.
Sooo worth it! As a result, my cooking totally changed. I'm not a trained chef but we eat a varied, and decently executed, menu. AND, I'm not as bored about having to cook. That's a big deal.

Following a (gulp) $600+ anniversary dinner for my wife and I (not in Disney), just wondering what your most expensive Disney meals have been. I suppose we'll see a lot of Victoria and Alberts responses here...

At Disney ours was the Highway in the Sky Dine Around, which was $150pp at the time we did it. I think for a "traditional" meal we were around $100pp at Narcoosee's once.
The most we've ever paid at Disney is for dinner at Victoria & Albert. What ever that price, we have no complaints for what we paid. Dinner-is-theater and worth the price.

On the other hand, we have had lousy meals at other Disney Signatures where we felt the food we received was not worth the price. A BBQ Slaw Dog from Casey's can be more satisfying than a tough steak from anyplace.

In other words, relatively speaking, we've felt 'ripped off' by other Signatures for a fraction of what we spent at Victoria & Albert.

We spend plenty at BlueZoo & Shula's, find brunch at CA Grill to be a worthwhile indulgence, and Capa has pricey options like Wagyu & Caviar to really run-up your check.....but V&A likely costs more per person when you're done.

Cost of wine is not part of my analysis.

Chef’s Table at V&As for our wedding dinner. We had 10 at the table and had 2 custom beer tastings along with wine pairings. We didn’t do any up charge dishes though.

With drinks and tip, $150 is the norm for a meal per person at California Grille, Jiko, Flying Fish.

With drinks and tip at our local 5 star 7 course fuu fuu french place, $250 per person.

A few years ago we did the Tables in Wonderland Great Movie Ride dinner. It was expensive, but well worth it. Apps were in the gangster room, main course was in the western room and dessert was in the Wizard of Oz scene. Walking through the ride and getting to look closely at all the details of the different scenes made for a memorable experience.

In the real world,our anniversary dinner at The Inn at Little Washington last Nov: there was a comma involved. At WDW, dinner at V&A’s chef table in March: just shy of $900 post-tip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter