What's the most you've paid per person for one meal?

EdmondD

DIS Veteran
Following a (gulp) $600+ anniversary dinner for my wife and I (not in Disney), just wondering what your most expensive Disney meals have been. I suppose we'll see a lot of Victoria and Alberts responses here...

At Disney ours was the Highway in the Sky Dine Around, which was $150pp at the time we did it. I think for a "traditional" meal we were around $100pp at Narcoosee's once.

At WDW, yes it was V+A.
Most expensive in life to date was either a dinner at Alain Ducasse @ Plaza Athenee or El Bulli.

Our most expensive Disney meal was Le Cellier, it was the WORST meal we have ever had at Disney (we've eaten all over the resorts/parks). Rude, rude, hostess. Crammed in so tight with the table next to us, that I developed a very funny relationship with the guy at that table - thank goodness for at least a little fun! Only my daughter raved about her steak - the rest of us had sub-par food for that price!

V&A - $750/person including several upcharge items and wine pairing. We've done dinners in Toronto for $200-300/person.

Love Victoria and Albert’s, infact we are having a late Anniversary celebration dinner there tonight. It is always an incredible evening.

Probably Yachtsman. Told them all to order whatever they wanted.

Kid #1 got shrimp cocktail, whole lobster, some fancy dessert.
Kid #2 got the bone marrow/escargot appetizer, steak, dessert
DH and I had the porterhouse for two, sides, dessert. Lots of alcohol. I am pretty sure I started with a cheese platter or salad.

It was over $100/person, I know that. However, I had like $400 in Disney rewards, so it was pretty much free ;)

I guess ours would be CInderella’s Royal Table. I can’t remember the exact cost, but it was around $80 per person, including tip.

In the real world, I guess it would be the annual trip my oldest son and I take to Texas de Brazil. It is usually around $60 per person without tip.

Currently the Napa Rose Princess Breakfast $125 pp. But we have a V&A reservation this month that will win out (we will NOT be spending 750pp thats for sure :P ).

Probably Yachtsman. Told them all to order whatever they wanted.

Kid #1 got shrimp cocktail, whole lobster, some fancy dessert.
Kid #2 got the bone marrow/escargot appetizer, steak, dessert
DH and I had the porterhouse for two, sides, dessert. Lots of alcohol. I am pretty sure I started with a cheese platter or salad.

A. not sure how old kid 2 was, but kudos that he'd try the bone marrow/escargot appetizer. My kid sure wouldn't
B. I like your dining style (porterhouse, dessert, alcohol, cheese!) and think you should invite me in the future. :-)

Ours was definitely Victoria & Alberts, but besides that, Narcoosee's and California Grill usually run us in the $300 range for the two of us.....

We have a steak house where we live that is our "date night" place. When there are 4 of us, we easily spend 600, not including tip. We usually go with my sister in law and her husband, and since we all have kids, it doesn't happen often. But I've found a babysitter and we stick all the kids at one house, so we get to do it a little more often.

When we pay OOP we tend to watch it closer. I think the most DW and I paid for a dinner for 2 was about $150 at Le Cellier. Perhaps not coincidentally that's also when we decided Le Cellier was coming off our list. Price for the quality wasn't there for us.

We had a meal at Narcoosee's back when the DDP included app/entrée/dessert/tip. I looked at the receipt and our meal for 4 would've run $363.00 (in 2007 dollars!) if we'd paid for all of that OOP. My guess is the ticket for the same meal would run about double that now.

If my husband had his way it would be V&A...but that's probably on hold until we're done with daycare and student loans.

I honestly don't keep a ton of track on our dining expenses when we're on vacation. We operate under belief that we scrimp and save in the real world to enjoy a higher standard of living on vacation.

The only bill I remember is our disney cruise line bill at check out, well over a grand...but that did include a massage, excursion and more drinks of the day than I can remember

A. not sure how old kid 2 was, but kudos that he'd try the bone marrow/escargot appetizer. My kid sure wouldn't
B. I like your dining style (porterhouse, dessert, alcohol, cheese!) and think you should invite me in the future. :-)

Kid #2 was 11 at the time. He loves trying new things. His favorite place to go lately is the all-you-can-eat sushi/asian joint near us - he can order whatever he wants , and till his heart is content. He is all about softshell crab lately..

What good is a big meal if it doesn't include alcohol and cheese? And then dessert if there is room?

Dining out is always welcome in my house - mini vacations, typically... someone taking care of me and I get to try new things!

At WDW, probably $75 or so for Lunch with an Imagineer. In the "real" world? Probably ENVY the Steakhouse in Law Vegas, also probably around $75. In the real deal world, never more than $30.

V&A, yes. Thank you so much for asking this question, though, it had me reach for my V&A personalised menu to check the price, I love going through my Disney World memorabilia and I don't do it often enough :lovestruc It was $235 in July 2018+ the wine pairing (which was fantastic, I highly recommend it) which was $150 + the tip which must have been around $100 so close to $500 total, which is staggering.

I enjoyed the meal but (and this is going to sound incredibly pompous) I'd been to similar restaurants before and there are some I enjoyed even more (the food was even better and my server was even more memorable but service is luck of the draw and food depends on taste, V&A was very good, no doubt about that). I do miss the harpist, though, she was sensational!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter