What's the Mixology experience like these days?

It probably varies by ship/bartender. When I took my first mixology on the Wonder in '12 there were five tasty but premade drinks ready when I sat down (pictured) and the bartender just demonstrated the various techniques. The next one I took a few years later did have someone different come up and help the bartender with each set of drinks which then got handed out (I think the volunteer got their own, everyone else got ones made by the assistants.) All this was obviously pre-Covid, but I'd suggest the premade experience isn't a result of current protocols.

Attachments

• dscf03561_8018315267_o.jpg
    dscf03561_8018315267_o.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 7
We did our first Mixology in 2018 on the Magic and we did no actual mixing of anything, so that isn't a pandemic thing. Might be an old ship vs new ship thing, or by bartender, but the only class I've ever had any kind of participation in was Mojitos where you did some muddling (both pre- and post- pandemic).

Definitely check for tastings once you're onboard. The tastings on our current Wonder sailing were all booked up in the weeks before we sailed, but then they added some new classes that were available to book once onboard.

I was on the Dream on the 21st and according to Andy the bartender, because of covid, the Mixology class isn't as loud and lively as it usually is.
I'd write about it here but I already wrote about, including pictures of the drinks, and the one drink we did get to make.
Sunday pt 2 - Let's mix some dranks! (Mixology)

My wife and I went to mixology in December on the Disney Wonder and were disappointed. Because of COVID the drinks were all pre-mixed.

The drinks were on the whole quite good. The host did go into detail on the ingredients, but we couldn't figure out why they couldn't at least print a card with the recipes for guests. Or email it to you afterwards if paper is a COVID issue. Although we were given paper menus at the dining rooms so thinking COVID paper concern is a flimsy excuse. Or heck put the recipes on a white board and we can take a picture - think outside the box a bit. :O)

We were hoping to come home and make our favorite(s) for friends but alas not to be.

The wine tasting was much better because you can at least take pictures of the bottles you tried.

It probably varies by ship/bartender. When I took my first mixology on the Wonder in '12 there were five tasty but premade drinks ready when I sat down (pictured) and the bartender just demonstrated the various techniques. The next one I took a few years later did have someone different come up and help the bartender with each set of drinks which then got handed out (I think the volunteer got their own, everyone else got ones made by the assistants.) All this was obviously pre-Covid, but I'd suggest the premade experience isn't a result of current protocols.
Agreed. Even pre-covid it seemed to be run differently each time from bartender to bartender / ship to ship.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter