• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Whats the deal with MVMCP?

I really don't understand the big deal about MVMCP. How is it different than any other day in MK? Sure, you get the special parade and free treats. But what makes it a "party"? Is it just the free treats and the parade? I absolutely love mnsshp...cause at least then you can dress up (so fun) and you get to trick or treat and get tons of candy. And hollowishes truly are the best fireworks. What do you do at mvmcp? Just walk around, go on rides, possibly take pics with characters....and eat some treats. Thats all? That's pretty much like any day thou. Is there more to it than that? Am I missing anything? Just trying to figure out if its worth the hefty price. Personally from what im reading, its not worth it. I just wanted to see if there was more to it than what i've read.

To me it really doesnt seem like its worth the money at all.
The bold is what makes it different. Best parade in all of Disney, ever, by the way.
If you don't feel like it's worth the money they don't go. Seems easy

You say this
I really don't understand the big deal about MVMCP. How is it different than any other day in MK? Sure, you get the special parade and free treats. But what makes it a "party"? Is it just the free treats and the parade? I absolutely love mnsshp...cause at least then you can dress up (so fun) and you get to trick or treat and get tons of candy. And hollowishes truly are the best fireworks. What do you do at mvmcp? Just walk around, go on rides, possibly take pics with characters....and eat some treats. Thats all? That's pretty much like any day thou. Is there more to it than that? Am I missing anything? Just trying to figure out if its worth the hefty price. Personally from what im reading, its not worth it. I just wanted to see if there was more to it than what i've read.

And are met with this response (among others)
Outside of dressing up in a costume and paying a LOT to go trick or treating, the parties are very similar with fireworks, stage shows and parades based on the theme.
If you don't like/get MVMCP, don't do it.
And you have this to say about it?
Again, no need for snark. It was a legit question.
The above answer was not snark. It was a legit answer to your legit question. Your mind was pretty made up in your post, despite your question about what you are missing (you aren't missing anything) You don't think it seems like it's worth the money, then don't do it. I'm not sure why that answer ruffled your feathers

There you go. I haven't even kept up with how long they run the parties anymore. We go at NY but not before so they are always over by then. They sure seem to be starting them earlier and ending them later and later. Gotta get in as many as they can, huh?
Yeah I tink it used to end a good 7-9 days prior.
I dont mind more dates for either party because I like them but yep they gotta milk it lol.

MVMCP is MNSSHP but Christmas themed, plain and simple. People still dress up (many put as much effort into their Christmas party outfits as they do their Halloween party outfits) and you still go around and get tons of treats (though they are mostly baked goods and not candy). There are special meet and greets, special shows, the special parade and fireworks. There is also snow on Main St. It is definitely not a typical day in MK. The MVMCP parade and fireworks are only shown Christmas week, so, if you aren't there during that time, MVMCP is the only way to see them. Even if you are there during that time, the party isn't even an option.

I think the only way to determine if it's worth it to you is to, perhaps, think if you enjoy Christmas theming as much as you like Halloween theming. I, too, prefer the Halloween party over MVMCP as the Halloween party is really the only Halloween themed option in WDW (aside from, perhaps, the Ft. W Sleepy Hollow activities). I've found when traveling during the Christmas holidays, I can get my "Christmas" in by simply touring the gorgeous deluxe resorts and doing the holiday activities in EP and DHS which are already included in my ticket cost. I can also get fantastic holiday treats all around WDW without having to pay $100's for the "free" treats at the party (which really didn't taste very good, IMHO!) I also prefer the Halloween parade over the MVMCP parade and can watch Holiday Wishes from an MK resort if I really want to see them (the projections aren't very impressive, IMHO). We went to MVMCP last year and it will most likely be the last one for us, but there are a ton of people who really enjoy the party!

I think it depends on what you like. I have been to both, and like them both. They are two different themed parties, with tow different treat selections, two different parades and fireworks shows, and two different character greetings experiences in terms of dress.
As far as value, the only one who can determine that is you. I think that if you do not see a value, you skip it.

See, this is exactly my point. It seems like any other day in the park (during xmas time).

Not even close. I have attended a party and in the same stay have attended an evening in the MK where the parade, etc was switched to the Christmas parade. Two vastly different experiences, just in terms of comfort.

For me it's just one more thing that leaves me in awe of Disney's marketing acumen. A parade, a few snacks and (most exciting of all, it seems) taking their "rare" character costumes out of storage from last year and paying a few employees $15 per hour to wear them during the party, and thousands of people line up to fork out $69 per person. Genius.

For me it's just one more thing that leaves me in awe of Disney's marketing acumen. A parade, a few snacks and (most exciting of all, it seems) taking their "rare" character costumes out of storage from last year and paying a few employees $15 per hour to wear them during the party, and thousands of people line up to fork out $69 per person. Genius.

I think it is okay for people to determine that the hard tickets experiences offer no value for their families, but it is kind of rude to suggest that this of us who do find a value are gullible and have been drawn in solely by a marketing strategy. I have attended multiple parties, and I enjoyed some more than others. I have always felt that I received the experience I paid for. Quite honestly, we could nitpick just about any aspect of a WDW vacation and then ridicule those who choose to pay for any given portion. The truth is that every one of us has a different perception of what is value added, especially when we are discussing hard ticket events and upcharged experiences, so if someone wants to know what is included, or why we do or do not like something, it is possible to have that discussion. Once someone determines that ridicule or snippiness is acceptable to point out their dislike, the discussion erodes.

In the spirit of truthfulness it's closer to $100 per person :)
Listen, the value of experiences is in the eye of the beholder. For some these parties are worth it, for some staying at a deluxe resort even though they will be spending all day at the parks and only use the room to sleep is worth it , buying the minnie Mickey ears even though there are cheaper options is worth it... who am I to judge people on how they spend their hard earn money.
You like it? Buy it? You don't? Don't.

I think it is okay for people to determine that the hard tickets experiences offer no value for their families, but it is kind of rude to suggest that this of us who do find a value are gullible and have been drawn in solely by a marketing strategy. I have attended multiple parties, and I enjoyed some more than others. I have always felt that I received the experience I paid for. Quite honestly, we could nitpick just about any aspect of a WDW vacation and then ridicule those who choose to pay for any given portion. The truth is that every one of us has a different perception of what is value added, especially when we are discussing hard ticket events and upcharged experiences, so if someone wants to know what is included, or why we do or do not like something, it is possible to have that discussion. Once someone determines that ridicule or snippiness is acceptable to point out their dislike, the discussion erodes.

I apologize to anyone who interpreted my comment as suggesting that those who attend the MVMCP are "gullible", or that I am "ridiculing" anyone. As someone who has attended a great many upcharge events (including MVMCP) I am one of the last people who would be in a position to "ridicule" those who attend such events. My comment was intended more as praise for Disney in coming up with a product that sells very well, which is not expensive for them to provide, and that people enjoy and are therefore prepared to pay for.

From your repsonse, I'm guessing that you've never done one of the parties. Yes, they are expensive, but amazing experiences. Before we went, I would have agreed that it was just marketing, but they are much, much more.
With MNSSHP, you have a parade, stage show and fireworks that you cannot see any other time. Plus everything else you mentioned.
With the Christmas party, again you have a parade, stage show and fireworks that generally are not seen any other time ( except xmas week after the party is over), not sure if you can see the stage show over Christmas as we haven't been there during that time of year for a long time.

From your repsonse, I'm guessing that you've never done one of the parties. Yes, they are expensive, but amazing experiences. Before we went, I would have agreed that it was just marketing, but they are much, much more.
With MNSSHP, you have a parade, stage show and fireworks that you cannot see any other time. Plus everything else you mentioned.
With the Christmas party, again you have a parade, stage show and fireworks that generally are not seen any other time ( except xmas week after the party is over), not sure if you can see the stage show over Christmas as we haven't been there during that time of year for a long time.

As I said in my post right above yours, I have indeed attended MVMCP. And on our last trip but one we purchased the AK Ultimate Nights of Adventure package which I think costs even more. By praising Disney for coming up with attractive, lucrative products that sell well I certainly didn’t intend to imply that those (such as me) who choose to purchase such products are gullible fools.

You know, everything you just wrote can be reversed... ;)

"I really don't understand the big deal about MNSSHP. How is it different than any other day in MK? Sure, you get the special parade and free treats. But what makes it a "party"? Is it just the free treats and the parade? I absolutely love mvmcp...cause at least then you can wear your Christmas pjs and ugly sweaters (so fun) and you get all sorts of different Christmas cookies. And the Christmas fireworks truly are the best fireworks. What do you do at mnsshp? Just walk around, go on rides, possibly take pics with characters....and eat some store-bought candy. Thats all? That's pretty much like any day thou. Is there more to it than that? Am I missing anything? Just trying to figure out if its worth the hefty price. Personally from what im reading, its not worth it. I just wanted to see if there was more to it than what i've read. To me it really doesnt seem like its worth the money at all."

What would your reaction be, if someone wrote all that out, about your favourite party? Would you figure they didn't know what they were talking about?

Me personally, I enjoy both parties equally. They're not always "worth the money" to me, but every few years I'll go to one or the other, and I always end up enjoying them very much.

This year, though, we're opting for the Fort Wilderness sleigh ride, instead. Which is totally the same as the regular carriage ride, except for the jingle bells and fake sleigh runners, and there's absolutely no reason to pay an upcharge for that, and yet I don't care one bit! We did it five years ago, loved it then, and are really looking forward to having another overpriced sleigh ride this year. :santa:

You know, everything you just wrote can be reversed... ;)

"I really don't understand the big deal about MNSSHP. How is it different than any other day in MK? Sure, you get the special parade and free treats. But what makes it a "party"? Is it just the free treats and the parade? I absolutely love mvmcp...cause at least then you can wear your Christmas pjs and ugly sweaters (so fun) and you get all sorts of different Christmas cookies. And the Christmas fireworks truly are the best fireworks. What do you do at mnsshp? Just walk around, go on rides, possibly take pics with characters....and eat some store-bought candy. Thats all? That's pretty much like any day thou. Is there more to it than that? Am I missing anything? Just trying to figure out if its worth the hefty price. Personally from what im reading, its not worth it. I just wanted to see if there was more to it than what i've read. To me it really doesnt seem like its worth the money at all."

What would your reaction be, if someone wrote all that out, about your favourite party? Would you figure they didn't know what they were talking about?

Me personally, I enjoy both parties equally. They're not always "worth the money" to me, but every few years I'll go to one or the other, and I always end up enjoying them very much.

This year, though, we're opting for the Fort Wilderness sleigh ride, instead. Which is totally the same as the regular carriage ride, except for the jingle bells and fake sleigh runners, and there's absolutely no reason to pay an upcharge for that, and yet I don't care one bit! We did it five years ago, loved it then, and are really looking forward to having another overpriced sleigh ride this year. :santa:
Sounds like I really hurt your feelings about the mvmcp...I do apologize.
BTW, the sleigh ride sounds awesome! I've always wanted to do that. :) Maybe next trip.

I love seeing the Christmas parade, the fireworks show, seeing snow on Main Street, meeting Mickey in his holiday best, and yes, dressing up in a Christmas outfit. Due to work and family commitments, I can't go during Christmas week when the parade is offered during a regular day. So I go in November and go to the Christmas party and enjoy the extras.

As an aside, this year I went to both the Halloween party and the Christmas party. The trick or treat lines were waaaay longer than the treat lines during the MVMCP (and I was at the first sold out party this year).

Maybe people just prefer Halloween over Christmas or vice versa :confused3

I personally do not care for MNSSHP. I’ve been 3 times and it’s a cool experience, but I’m in no hurry to do it again. I’m just not a big Halloween fan. I understand why other people who do enjoy Halloween enjoy the party though.

Now Christmas is a whole different story. I’ll be at MVMCP this year in my ugly Christmas sweater, Mickey Santa hat, and full of Christmas cheer :thumbsup2 Christmas is my absolute favorite holiday though. The Christmas parade and the “snow” on Main Street literally gives me chills. Then again, I’m from SC where we’ve had one white Christmas in the last 7 years so I’ll take soap snow :rotfl: I also grew up going to Disney in December, so I think a little part of it is tradition/nostalgia

Right --- I have to agree with poster Rstmann. I have been planning for a very long time to see WDW at Chstimast (finally) in the year 2019. I just learned a month ago that the same exact MCMVP fireworks are held nightly during the Christmas week as well as the MCMVP parade. I asked myself, so why is there a special MCMVP then? I was saddened to learn that HEA won't be presented during Christmas week. I am seriously considering moving my vacation over 5 days and staying at WDW through January 3 or so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter