What's the deal with Disneyland Hotel Paris?

Pacolovestacos

DIS Veteran
$800+ for a single night stay. Is there a reason why this hotel goes for twice as much as the Grand Floridian?

I went to Disney Paris a day trip in 2012 and didn't have great results so was looking to stay overnight and get the extra park time but $800 is kind of nuts.

That is very expensive, have you looked at any of the other countries sites as they may have a better deal for one night.

Also you don't need to stay in the DLH to get the Extra Magic Hours. The other on-site hotels are considerably cheaper.

I hope you manage to find a more reasonable price.

There are 6 onsite hotels at Disneyland Paris, Santa Fe and Cheyenne are family friendly budget, Newport Bay, Sequoia and New York are mid price and Disneyland Hotel is top price.

All 6 hotels give guests access to the morning EMH.

The hotels are priced according to distance from the park entrance, facilities / services and room /hotel layout and decor.

Disneyland Hotel is the closest to the park, its actually located above the park entrance turn-styles. The decor / layout, services, restaurants etc all reflect the higher room price. It is the only hotel which has views into the park.

Also bare in mind that the prices listed on Disneyland Paris are package prices. Unlike the USA parks, Disneyland Paris prices include park hopper tickets for both arrival day and departure day.

Take a look at the different country websites. You dont have to book using the website for you home county. I am from Ireland and for my last trip in February 2016, I booked using the French website. Different countries have different deals and offers and prices as each country has a different touring style.

Yes so the $800 was actually without the package (i.e. booking on hotels.com). The full package was closer to $1,100. Considering that I only paid $550 for Tokyo DisneySea, I just can't fathom how this one goes for $800.

I'll check the other hotel options on-site as well as using switching the country site.

Yes so the $800 was actually without the package (i.e. booking on hotels.com). The full package was closer to $1,100. Considering that I only paid $550 for Tokyo DisneySea, I just can't fathom how this one goes for $800.

I'll check the other hotel options on-site as well as using switching the country site.
Why not stay at a cheaper hotel than the Disneyland Hotel? Personally I never see the sense in paying the price for the higher price hotels unless you're planning on spending alot of time in your room. I love the theming of the Cheyenne hotel, the rooms are fine and there's a free shuttle bus to the parks

Last edited:
You can walk to the parks from all of the Disney hotels - the Disneyland Hotel is over the park entrance hence the huge price, Hotel New York is the next closest, then it's Newport Bay Club and Sequoia Lodge (15 mins walk for those) then Cheyenne and Santa Fe (20 minutes walk) - there's a free shuttle bus laid on for all except the Disneyland Hotel but we always prefer to walk, half the time it's quicker and it's a pleasant walk from all the hotels.

Thanks for that info. So as I'm playing with dates, it appears the hotel prices get MUCH MUCH cheaper when staying 3+ nights. When staying 2 nights or less, the prices are outrageous. They must not want people to do what I'm planning, which is to stay a single night, get the extra park hours, and then leave. Interesting.

Newport looks pretty nice though. The look really reminds me of Beach/Yacht Club Resorts.

Well I much prefer to be able to walk to the parks if possible. Not much of a bus guy.
You can walk from all of them if you choose. Some are just further away than others so the buses would be quicker if you were staying at say Cheyenne or Santa Fe. HNY is right at the end of the Disney Village though so closer and less than the Disneyland Hotel

Disneyland Hotel has always been megabucks to stay at.

Would like to stay there but have never been able to afford it.

Newport Bay, in my opinion is right behind Disneyland Hotel. So if you can, stay there.

Disneyland Hotel has always been megabucks to stay at.

Would like to stay there but have never been able to afford it.

Newport Bay, in my opinion is right behind Disneyland Hotel. So if you can, stay there.

Newport Bay looks good, think I may opt for that.

Having stayed at three different hotels onsite, including the pink hotel, I think you're decision to look at Newport Bay is a good one. I found the Disneyland Hotel highly overrated. The location was great when we stayed there, as we had a toddler with us. Otherwise I just can't justify the difference in price. The difference usually covers all our food for our stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts