• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What's the best Tier 2 FP at Epcot after Spaceship Earth?

DrFacilier

DIS Veteran
We are RDing TT, FPing FEA and will search for a 4th FP for Soarin'. We also have a Tier 2 FP for SE. What do we do now? In the past it has been the Character Spot but now that's tier 1 (grrr). Right now we have Mission Space Green but I've heard reports that Green usually doesn't have much of a wait (we've never done it)...

Last edited:
Think everyone would agree that there really isn't much for tier 2's at EP, which is why we personally choose a different park for FPs (or did 1 at EP then 2 at second park). When we used to pick all 3 for EP we always did Soarin, Spaceship Earth, and Nemo, we'd now probably swap Soarin for TT, despite usually doing Single Rider and not caring much for TT.

I know Nemo doesn't have much of a wait but it always seems like you wait for super slow walkers through that long winding queue., and again, the lack of choices: Figment, obv. not needed. Turtle Talk - no point, you enter a common area that you can move up in and waiting is purely based on the next show. Mission Space... occasionally actually seen a wait for this recently but we always skip it. Suppose if we were doing it we'd choose it as the 3rd. We always do LWTL several times but hasn't ever required a FP, and we go so often on Soarin' that we'd just do it the next time if it looked like it was going to be more than 10 min.

Love Mission Space! But...as everyone knows...I am still mourning the loss of that great Cap Com, Gary Sinise. I can't even look at Mars anymore without grieving what we once had. Mars is just another planet now. :sad::sad::sad: I don't even "lean back" at the end anymore. ...and I "move a muscle" in defiance.

The land is always an enjoyable ride, but typically has shorter waits unless you are there on a weekend.

The land is always an enjoyable ride, but typically has shorter waits unless you are there on a weekend.
agree... have seen the odd times where it was posted 45+ min but I don't enter the line unless it's the usual close to walk on or less than 10. But it's odd that we have to go on this attraction like 4x ea. trip. I guess I like seeing Walt's dog/that house scene.

We just do the Land. We usually ride around our lunch at SS so the wait can be 15-20 minutes at that point. FP+ still helps a little.

I typically do the Imagination ride. Of the other tier two rides, it tends to have the longer wait when I'm wanting to ride it. It's not usually long (< 30 minutes), but I feel the FP has benefited me more there than Mission Space, Nemo, or Living with the Land.

Usually living with the land. It’s convenient to try to get it back to back with soarin and grab a quick muffin or drink too in the coolness of the space (we go in summer). Cross everything off the list right there in one building with no waiting, no crossing paths back.

ETA: this was before thr fea days! Now with little girls I will have a new strategy. But that was my old one, for what it’s worth!

Think everyone would agree that there really isn't much for tier 2's at EP, which is why we personally choose a different park for FPs (or did 1 at EP then 2 at second park). When we used to pick all 3 for EP we always did Soarin, Spaceship Earth, and Nemo, we'd now probably swap Soarin for TT, despite usually doing Single Rider and not caring much for TT.

I know Nemo doesn't have much of a wait but it always seems like you wait for super slow walkers through that long winding queue., and again, the lack of choices: Figment, obv. not needed. Turtle Talk - no point, you enter a common area that you can move up in and waiting is purely based on the next show. Mission Space... occasionally actually seen a wait for this recently but we always skip it. Suppose if we were doing it we'd choose it as the 3rd. We always do LWTL several times but hasn't ever required a FP, and we go so often on Soarin' that we'd just do it the next time if it looked like it was going to be more than 10 min.
We do LWTL and SE. The land can sometimes have waits. I don’t think it really matters.

I did Nemo just to avoid that ridiculous winding cue!
Yes, we’re in agreement! It is odd to be picking Nemo - which is commonly 5-15min posted but a combo of not having other viable choices for us and that winding line skipping via FP.

Would have to be mission space! One tip if you don't want any other tier 2s. Book a random one then tag in and leave. As soon as you've tagged in, you'll be eligible for a new FP across any tier and any park.

There really isn't anything else that needs it. The point of getting the FP at that point is not to save time in a line, it's to use that last FP so you can start getting tier ones again as a 4th. Just pick whatever you would like to ride that fits conveniently in your plan for the day.

We have done Missiom Space typically.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter